Leather Seat Care

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The leather of most new cars needs no conditioning. It's basically sealed almost painted and a conditioner will just sit on the top and can make it greasy. All you need to do is keep the clean. A well rung out damp towel works well. Just to clean off surface dust, they shouldn't get wet. Adams makes a good interior detailer which works well, leaves a matte look and doesn't leave a shiny residue. I personally hate shiny leather seats and prefer a matte look.

Yes and no. While the vast majority of leather in vehicles is coated, there is still a need to keep it protected from UV, drying out, and from stains/spills.

What causes some confusion is the use of the term "conditioner". It used to be that conditioners were products that soaked into untreated leather, like Bag Balm, and were often greasy feeling. A product like Adam's Leather Conditioner is designed to work on coated leather, and even hard plastics on the interior of the truck, so it does not contain the greasy stuff that might sit on the surface.

While Adam's Total Interior Detailer is also a good product to use to clean and protect the leather seats, the Leather Conditioner has more UV protection and will do more to help prevent drying out or staining.

Like @2014RubyRed does, using a dry towel to knock off any extra product gives a nice matte finish. I don't personally use that method, rather I will apply the Leather Conditioner and let it soak in overnight, and this still gives me a matte finish the next day.