Leather Seat Care

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Real leather is super expensive.I do not think on most cars/trucks its real leather at all, its a leather like material thats man made. The man made stuff is more durable then then real leather any day of the week. What we seem to be doing is giving it a shiny look, keep it from drying out and UV protection. And in some cases softening it a bit.

Some thing like this is what I am talking about. Look at the close ups.

Skin Guard

ShiftyCapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, there's no way to get those nasty creases out? Seems like it's only the outter butt bolster of each front seat. Probably from sliding in and out before noticing how cheap and broken down the seat began to look...

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I started treating mine the day I got it home. I use a Groit product that's worked well on previous leather including some used and abused ones I've bought second hand. There's a cleaner and another that's a conditioner. They don't leave a residue and the leather stays soft.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started treating mine the day I got it home. I use a Groit product that's worked well on previous leather including some used and abused ones I've bought second hand. There's a cleaner and another that's a conditioner. They don't leave a residue and the leather stays soft.

I can't say enough good things about the products from Griot's Garage. Plus they are fairly local to me and I like to buy local when possible.

Yokota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zaino Bros Z9, Z10.... I would bathe in that stuff if possible :hail:

I've been using Zaino products for more than 11 years - first with my Audis, now on my Raptor. Absolutely no regrets, either. Great, long lasting shine and protection, and my baseball optic seats always got complements. Will do the same with "The Beast" sitting in the garage!

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a hit or miss what you use will work or not, because I am almost sure ( 99%) , its not real leather.

You could't get a cow or a tannery to do what these materials do.

Naughahyde comes to mind as a good one. Majilite is another I have had my hands on. Google them you will see.

Mooner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use meguiars and really like it. My wife has a 2010 fusion and seats still look new. I even use it on our leather furniture. The leather furniture is REAL Italian leather since some have said the trucks isn't and from this I'm glad because real leather isn't as durable unleas it's a horse saddle. Still waiting for my raptor now finally built. I have never even opened the door on a raptor so don' t know about the seats, but if like my wife's car I'll be happy.