Leather Seat Care

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any leather conditioner that is NOT petroleum based. You want something silicon based.

Baddkarmaracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It riled the Lexol, and did not see it worked any better than the Maquires Leather care...is there a special way you apply it?

Thanks,

Fred

I loosely follow the directions, they say 1 or 2 sprays on a rag I use 4 or 5 other than that its just like the bottle says

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use either griot's leather care or zymol leather conditioner.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Honestly, there is no best way. These seats just suck. I clean mine with meguiars, mothers, all of them. None do anything for softening the leather.
I have left saddle conditioner on them over night, this stuff can take the firmest brand new stirrups and make them bend like noodles. Doesn't do one dang thing to these seats.
I heard somewhere that the leather is actually plastic coated, supposedly to help with wear and less maintenance. It would make sense.
I'm planning on replacing my seats in the next few months. I cant stand to get in and see these nasty creases and feel that low quality junk.
All that aside, these are some comfortable seats.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a small scuff mark on my seat and used a leather conditioner cleaner and it turned the scuff white, should not have put anything on them.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, there is no best way. These seats just suck. I clean mine with meguiars, mothers, all of them. None do anything for softening the leather.
I have left saddle conditioner on them over night, this stuff can take the firmest brand new stirrups and make them bend like noodles. Doesn't do one dang thing to these seats.
I heard somewhere that the leather is actually plastic coated, supposedly to help with wear and less maintenance. It would make sense.
I'm planning on replacing my seats in the next few months. I cant stand to get in and see these nasty creases and feel that low quality junk.
All that aside, these are some comfortable seats.

Make complete sense...I was doing my seats once every two weeks and my car stays in the garage..they are comfortable so I can't complain much...just don't seem durable...