Interior Cleaning help??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I need to clean my inside badly but I do not know what to use. I need ro know:

How to clean the leather
Textured stuff on doors dash and console
Plastics
Anything Else!!

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have used SaddleSoap on my leather seats for years now. Works great and really softens the leather. It will slowly take away the shine that the leather has but real nice leather isn't supposed to be shiney IMO.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok--sorry but DO NOT put anythhing containing oil on leather. First clean it then use a conditioner. I use the stuff from Pinnacle for mine.

FWIW keep leather clean and conditioned and it will last a lot longer than if you just put a leather conditioner/cleaner all in one product.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Be careful with Armorall and similar products. They can contain plasticizers which create the high gloss on surfaces. Over time the plasticizers take the place of certain chemicals in your dash plastic etc. If you stop using them, the surface dries out and cracks.

I've been using Meguiar's Protectant and/or 303 Aerospace Protectant on most surfaces. I use Detailers Pro Plexall Plastic Cleaner for clear plastics. I only do this once or twice a month and just keep up with light dusting and vacuuming. Also, be very careful when cleaning the gauge cluster plastic and/ or the clock/info display. Use microfiber or t-shirts that are very soft. Any scratches can make the displays almost unreadable in sunlight. I've seen this happen in a friend's F-150.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have used SaddleSoap on my leather seats for years now. Works great and really softens the leather. It will slowly take away the shine that the leather has but real nice leather isn't supposed to be shiney IMO.

Hmmmmmm have you ever owned any shell cordovan shoes?????

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After the texas event, I picked up a couple detailing brushes. Made getting in the air vents, cracks between panel pieces, etc a snap. $2/brush basically at O'reilleys.

THRAPTOR

Reaction score
Someone on here mentioned a wet rung out wash rag soaked with pledge
Tried it and it worked great!
Cost effective!
Leather wipes for the seats should be just fine.
Save your money for a good wax etc..

flash_e

Reaction score
I typically use Meguiars interior products. Depending on the look you like you can can get super shine or natural shine for the dash and doors. I just use glass cleaner on the door handles and aluminum trim. I have never used the 1z einszett interior but I have heard good reviews on them.