How to remove light scratches on the windshield?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used some industrial water spot remover on my windshield and it left light swirl marks. They're not deep. You cant even feel them if you rub you nail along the glass. Anybody have any good tips for getting light swirl marks out of glass? I don't want to mess it up any more than I already have.

Last edited:

truckarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to make a research about Ceriglass. The guy from a local detailing shop told me that this product can remove light scratches on glass.

OP
OP
FP Forged

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to make a research about Ceriglass. The guy from a local detailing shop told me that this product can remove light scratches on glass.

That stuff looks nicer than all the other kits I've seen where you have to mix your own powder. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the heads up.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Glass is substantially harder than paint, so typically paint polishes and pads will only reduce them a very small amount. For visible scratches you do need a cerium oxide based product - to REALLY make any progress on that it also takes a bronze wool buffing pad (like steel wool, made out of bronze) and a rotary polisher.

I have some raw stuff here I've used to take key marks and things like that out of glass, but its a MASSIVE mess (flings a black oxidizer residue everywhere) and does take some comfort/skill with a rotary to do it.

The kit mentioned above is a good option if you need something for very light scratches thats a little more 'consumer friendly'. Its such a specialized product that we don't offer a solution at this time.