How often do you wash your ride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wash it when I have the time, not as often as I would like. First I spray wheels, tires and wheel wells with Adams wheel cleaner and let it soak and turn purple while I get everything ready. It's never really that dirty, so I use pressure washer and go over it well a couple of times and underneath, the foam cannon with Adams soap. I mix about 1/3 soap to 2/3 water in bottle. The use single bucket with grit guard and wool was pad. After the truck is done, I use old wash mitt to clean wheels and under wheel wells. Rinse well with pressure washer then use the guard and gloss when drying. If I still have enough time and initiative I vacumn and clean the Windows. Truck looks new.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I wash it when I have the time, not as often as I would like. First I spray wheels, tires and wheel wells with Adams wheel cleaner and let it soak and turn purple while I get everything ready. It's never really that dirty, so I use pressure washer and go over it well a couple of times and underneath, the foam cannon with Adams soap. I mix about 1/3 soap to 2/3 water in bottle. The use single bucket with grit guard and wool was pad. After the truck is done, I use old wash mitt to clean wheels and under wheel wells. Rinse well with pressure washer then use the guard and gloss when drying. If I still have enough time and initiative I vacumn and clean the Windows. Truck looks new.

That's a solid routine right there.

If your truck is dirty, the pressure washer is great at getting as much dirt off as possible before touching the paint.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score

If your truck is dirty, the pressure washer is great at getting as much dirt off as possible before touching the paint.

I don't have time to go off road, it didn't rain this year, so it's just dust that accumulates, being Black it doesn't take long. When the weather gets cooler going to get you new soap that strips the sealer. Clay and reseal for the winter.

Napp E Roots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to wash it once a week. But I usually get home do donuts and jump in the backyard and get it all dirty again. So now it's like 1 a month...maybe

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Dan,

I was reading on here that G&G is only to be used every couple of months. I didn't realize that have been using after every wash, works better as a drying aid that detail spray for me. Is this bad, am I using it too often?

Also I clayed and sealed one of my cars this spring. I want to do again before this fall. Do I need to strip it with your new strip wash, or should I just clay and reseal it?

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan,

I was reading on here that G&G is only to be used every couple of months. I didn't realize that have been using after every wash, works better as a drying aid that detail spray for me. Is this bad, am I using it too often?

Also I clayed and sealed one of my cars this spring. I want to do again before this fall. Do I need to strip it with your new strip wash, or should I just clay and reseal it?

The H2O Guard & Gloss can be used at every wash, if you prefer. It will not build-up like a traditional sealant or wax.

I would recommend using the Strip Wash before claying to break-down and help remove the sealant on the paint. This will make your claying more effective, since you are not removing sealant as you clay, and the Strip Wash is also a more effective cleaner (it is not pH balanced like regular shampoo), so this will help ensure you have a clean surface to start claying.

-Dan

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The H2O Guard & Gloss can be used at every wash, if you prefer. It will not build-up like a traditional sealant or wax.

I would recommend using the Strip Wash before claying to break-down and help remove the sealant on the paint. This will make your claying more effective, since you are not removing sealant as you clay, and the Strip Wash is also a more effective cleaner (it is not pH balanced like regular shampoo), so this will help ensure you have a clean surface to start claying.

-Dan

Dan,

Thanks I appreciate it and will do that.

imnewhere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not as often as I'd like to, but at least every three weeks. But I don't get to drive as much as I want to so it doesn't get too bad in between baths.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i try for once a week whenever there is a few days of no rain in the forecast. since tuxedo black has a lot of flake in it it does a pretty good job of hiding dirt for being black.

Blackhammer

Reaction score
i was washing weekly (Black 2013 raptor)

i like for my truck to be dirty off-road but clean most the time. It was raining in west virginia like every other day for like 2 months and i was washing like every few days until i got some mud flaps. I have wider wheels so the rain on the ground would just get splashed all over the side of my truck (as high as the windows) but the flaps reduced the splash by atleast 90 % now after a rain most the time i can just wipe it off.