How long to keep dirty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michealj

Reaction score
My daughter thinks mine looks cool when it is dirty, but I just can't stand it, so I keep it nice and tidy. Plus I enjoy the cleaning aspect, so it is easy for me.

Agent_X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spray my truck down with a pressure washer and some soap about twice a month, whether or not I've been offroad or in mud and I wax it maybe twice a year. I definitely do wash off mud a day or two after I been in some mud, I don't like dried up mud sitting on my truck too long.

D

Deleted member 12951

Wash and wax plus all the other ******** on mine today. I honestly can't think when I last did it. Probably close to 8-10 months ago or beginning of last summer. But was in the shop for 3 months so doesn't quite count. I don't mind taking it to a manual car wash when it gets dirty but the clay bar, polish, wax and all that sucks.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wash and wax plus all the other ******** on mine today. I honestly can't think when I last did it. Probably close to 8-10 months ago or beginning of last summer. But was in the shop for 3 months so doesn't quite count. I don't mind taking it to a manual car wash when it gets dirty but the clay bar, polish, wax and all that sucks.

Well, I thought this was a good post, right up until the very last word...

:ROFLJest:

And post some PICS!!!

EDIT- I found the pics in the other thread, looks impressive!

-Dan

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I try to wash it once a month-6 weeks.

Main reason is I want the truck to still look great years down the road.

So, it takes a long time to wash and wax, but it's worth it.

john.rubicon.54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's raining out where I work then I wait for the weather to clear up and the mud to dry. Other than that, once a week if possible but at least every other week. I agree that it's a great way to inspect everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I invested in a Raptor to have fun off road. I also treat it like the investment that it is, and take good care of it, including making sure that the finish and interior is cleanup up after I'm done having fun. In my opinion, if you want your nice things to last, you have to treat them like you want them to do just that. So, apply dirt, rinse, then wash...repeat.