How to clean glass? Sprayway and newspaper doesn't cut it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any good tutorials?

Mirrors, sunroof, rearview mirror, side windows rolled down a crack to get the tops, rear window (folding seats up to get behind headrests), exterior windows?

I use SprayWay glass cleaner and newspaper, but it leaves behind a lot of dirt. I hit it a few times and it still has streaks. Lots of dirt :(
22997_XXX_v1.jpg

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use Adams glass cleaner, with their glass micro fiber towels. Best I've ever used, no straaks at all. I used to use Stoner brand, but won't go back after using Adams. I always hate aerosols on glass, too much overspray.

D

Deleted member 12951

Ditto on Adams. I've used others and was blown away with Adams glass cleaner with using their glass cleaner cloths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I clay bar my windshield use Adam's glass sealer, and also use there glass cleaner, awesome stuff, barely use wipers at highway speeds.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I watched a YouTube video once that seemed a little unorthodox but I tried it and it worked perfectly. Especially for people who travel a lot and get those caked on bugs. I'll see if I can find it.

I start by take some fine steel wool and going over all the glass. This gets rid of any fine particles and stuff that's stuck on.

I hose down the windows and then take and spray a hefty coat of rain x on them. I use an old t shirt, get it nice and wet but not dripping. Wipe off the rain x until the window is clear. I usually do this twice to get a good coat on the windows.

Then I hose down the windows one last time. First time I tried it I couldn't believe how clear they were plus they have a good coat of rain x.

ironside

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any good tutorials?

Mirrors, sunroof, rearview mirror, side windows rolled down a crack to get the tops, rear window (folding seats up to get behind headrests), exterior windows?

I use SprayWay glass cleaner and newspaper, but it leaves behind a lot of dirt. I hit it a few times and it still has streaks. Lots of dirt :(
22997_XXX_v1.jpg

I use that and some good micro fiber rags maybe hit it twice and the inside is usually good.