Home Powdercoating Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have that.

Buy a cheap 100.00 oven off of craigslist and hook it up in your garage to bake the powdercoated parts in. Cheaper than the parts oven or infrared lights to bake them.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Looks like the quality rating is pretty low.
I've always leard that some things are better left for the experts and it would of ended up cheaper if I would have let them do it.
JMO

ekopel

Reaction score
Powder coating has come down significantly in price IMO, definitely worth going to the experts, they get such a nice clean coat and the prep is where the real longevity comes from.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Plus, you've got a nice, expensive truck, so don't cheap out! haha

RSiWORKS

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Also if the parts are small and it's a one time deal it might definitely be cheaper to have a company do it.
NOW, if your going to be doing quite a bit of powder coating in the future then :iranmaybe: it might be worth it.

onesickpuppy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have one and used it for many things. I do not feel it is as good as sent out. Yes, it coats but durability seems less. And I hope you have a large electric oven, the lights take too long and take forever to get material core at temp. For small parts toaster ovens work fine, even better with thermostat to hold given temp. I have a 18" cube of an oven and at times that is small.
My $.02
Lou

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The "high voltage"..."don't not touch" warning is keeping me away from this product. I say, leave it to the pros...

Donk74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one and have gotten my money out of it 10 fold. Picked it up about 6 years ago along with an old electric oven.

One of my first project was coating snowmobile front and rear suspension components. I did all the little pieces and had a local shop do the two large trailing arms. The pieces I coated have held up add well or better than the pros. It Comes down to prep, better the prep the longer the coating will last. That said, if you don't have a sand blasting cabinet don't was your money on the powder coating kit.