Holes in drink holder cups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big

Reaction score
So there I was taking my 5 day old Raptor on its first ski trip.

Still figuring out the cup holders. I had a somewhat large ceramic coffee cup. I had to push it kinda hard to get it past the fingers in the cup holders. Which when it hit bottom caused the coffee to splash. So I just sorta left the coffee cup on top of the fingers.

Then I sorta goosed it a bit. Look, it is a Raptor after all.

Well, my coffee cup tipped over and spilled. My wife hasn't yet filled the glove box with napkins from McDonalds... I didn't have anything to sop up the coffee (fortunately, I take mine black). Found a gas station with some paper towels, got it cleaned up.

But... I think most of the coffee ended up running down a deep hole in the cup closest to the dashboard. The question is, where does this hole run. It didn't run down the carpet on the side of the transmission hump. Is it expecting too much to think that FoMoCo would vent that drain to the outside?

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Big,
Having pulled my center console apart in my 2013, in the Gen 1 the holes empty to the carpet/under carpet felt under the console. I doubt the Gen 2 is any different. Sorry.

Eddie

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I just pulled the rubber cup holder pads out of the center console (2016 King Ranch) and there aren't any holes? Consoles look identical, but Ford must have changed it up. At least it didn't have any milk in it, one time my sis in law spilled milk in her Explorer and didn't clean it up - nasty!!

I always thought cup holders were designed to hold fluids in case of spillage...

Hey big, you post pics of that new Raptor yet?

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fender,
In the Gen 1 the rubber cup holder inserts are clocked in position with rubber nipples that fit into holes in the bottom of the consoles cup holder cutouts...these drain to the floor...
There is no hidden key fob pocket in the Gen 1.

Eddie

OP
OP
B

big

Reaction score
Finally got a chance to RTFM this weekend and figured out the large hole underneath the cupholder is where you put your keyfob when you want to program it.

No noticeable repercussions from spilling coffee down said keyfob programming hole... but I wouldn't recommend you try this for yourself.

Here's the requested pic. My kids like to call it the "Kraptor" :).

Attachments

• craptor.jpg
    craptor.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited: