Have you noticed???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First let me say I am NOT a detailer. I am just some guy who likes to keep his vehicle clean and do it as simply as possible. Now....Lord just how many companies are out there selling "the best" cleaner, wax, tire prep, seat cleaner, window cleaner............etc. etc. etc.

I start to wonder just who is at the top tier of detailing products. I decided to ask some of my detailer friends......crap that did not help as almost everyone of them has a different company they prefer and different companies for different products. I am getting a head ache!!

I have done tons of research back when I had my vette and I never could settle on one company or one product over another. Damn if I could see much difference in the higher quality products.

Now I am trying to decide again who to choose from........I am very impressed with Adams as their web site is very informative with all the videos. Looking on the detailer blogs it looks like Dr. Beasely's and Chemical Guys seems pretty popular. Zanio used to be big but now I can find little about it. It at one time was pretty popular in the vette community.

I guess my question.........................is there any kind of consensus on specific products that the majority of you guys find that "work" well for the use intended?

Last edited:

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's my take FWIW.

The science has gone beyond the reality (products are better than they probably need to be especially given the quality of the vehicle finishes these days).

The use of the products is probably more important (how they're used and the other items like wash mitts, towels, vehicle prep and rinsing, etc.) than the products themselves.

Good all-around car-care process, habits and supplies is as/more important than having the absolute "best product" since most of the products will do the job.

That said, here's a site I like:
How To Articles - Car Care Specialties

There is no doubt that THIS is the best way to wash a vehicle:

bikini-car-wash-babes-49.jpg

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All brands u mentioned I have good results from. Adams seems to be the best IMO overall. I like to one stop shop and I havent had a single bad experience or result with adams and their staff is very helpful l. So they are my preferred vendor now

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my take FWIW.

The science has gone beyond the reality (products are better than they probably need to be especially given the quality of the vehicle finishes these days).

The use of the products is probably more important (how they're used and the other items like wash mitts, towels, vehicle prep and rinsing, etc.) than the products themselves.

Good all-around car-care process, habits and supplies is as/more important than having the absolute "best product" since most of the products will do the job.

That said, here's a site I like:
How To Articles - Car Care Specialties

There is no doubt that THIS is the best way to wash a vehicle:

bikini-car-wash-babes-49.jpg

If those two girls were washing my truck, they can use Ivory Liquid. I won't give a shit....

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I like Adam's products and I've been very happy with them. They use quality products that do what they advertise. From the research I've done, different products are good for different conditions, colors, paint quality (based on vehicle manufacturer). Just research and test what works for you.

Here is my truck and the conditions I keep it in and the products I use:

2013 Tuxedo Black purchased August 14, 2013. Current mileage is just over 7,000. Truck is covered (not garaged) at night and in a covered parking garage at work. It is daily driven. Mostly city as my daily commute is about 5-10 miles round trip. Weekends are either running around town or highway travel. I go off-roading a few times a year. Truck gets washed every 2-4 weeks depending on the weather. As far as protection goes, when I bought the truck I did a full detail including Clay, Iron-X, Adam's Revive Polish, Adam's Quick Sealant, Adam Brilliant Glaze, and Adam's Buttery Wax. These were the results: 4u8y4uhu.jpg 6a4u5uby.jpg

I was very happy with the results. Recently, I had a detailer apply Poorboy's EX-P Pure Sealant. Way more depth and clarity than just the standard Adam's Quick Sealant. I was very happy with the results, too.

However, Adam's has also released a new Liquid Paint Sealant that is more durable and has more shine than before. And can be applied by hand.

Also, Buttery Wax is great for a quick/easy wax job, but there are other products that are harder to work with and provide more shine longer. Hope this helps you out.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess my question.........................is there any kind of consensus on specific products that the majority of you guys find that "work" well for the use intended?
What are you looking to do or what are you looking for I guess I should say?

I get all my stuff from Autogeek.net. Brands I use most often include; Wolfgang, Optimum, CarPro, Detailer's Pro Series, Chemical Guy's, Meguiar's, and Duragloss.

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the info and MagicMan...............thanks for the pic. I have completely forgot my question. It must have had something to do with "thongs".

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As you mentioned, you'll be hard-pressed to find a general consensus as to a single company that's "the best" at everything.

We try our damnedest though, with continual product evolution, driven largely by listening to our customers, to offer the easiest to use and most effective stuff in this business.

We also offer the industry's only 110% Guarantee, so there's literally zero risk to at least give us a chance at earning your business in your quest for shine!

I also hang out here with you bozos, so that should be worth something.

:biggrin:

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've tried a lot of different brands over the years and everything I got from Adams has been first rate. There window cleaner alone should convince you, just don't let your wife use it or she'll make you buy it by the gallon and tell you to buy 50 of those glass cleaning micro fiber cloths...