Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, picked up a 2014 White Supercrew a week and a half ago and I have some weird what looks to be runs in my front bumper and front flares. I think the dealer cleaned the truck with something that must have stained them or something. Any idea what did it? I haven't touched the truck since I've had it until today so it definitely was like that when I picked the truck up. Whatever it is soap and water on a micro fiber towel won't take it off. Here is a picture.

0C770415-9DF3-48FD-BA6A-EC79D3F69328_zpsrac1shpa.jpg

OP
OP
TRIMMELL

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, bug and tar remove left streaks on mine. planning to have it replaced.

It's mainly on the front bumper and the front two fender flares. I haven't seen it on the rear flares or rear bumper. I sent the dealer an email today and will be following up with them tomorrow. Looks like complete crap. Do you think the pre soak at the car wash would do that to the flares if I decide to use it? I'm almost afraid to soak the truck down with the pre soak. We have a car wash here in town that has pre soak that takes every bit of film off of the truck which is amazing but I haven't tried it on the Raptor yet in fear of it doing something to the fender flares after seeing the streaks in my flares and front bumper from whatever the dealer used.

D

Deleted member 12951

Someone else posted about the same issue, not sure how he resolved it. Dumb dealers that shouldn't be detailing....

OP
OP
TRIMMELL

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you use pre soak on your truck at the car wash? I know the stuff is pretty aggressive at our car wash as it takes bugs off and all the film off of white usually but I'm on the fence about trying it on the raptor. Would suck to have it streak all the fender flares and both bumpers!

D

Deleted member 12951

Do you use pre soak on your truck at the car wash? I know the stuff is pretty aggressive at our car wash as it takes bugs off and all the film off of white usually but I'm on the fence about trying it on the raptor. Would suck to have it streak all the fender flares and both bumpers!

I have and do not recall an issue. I replaced my front bumper about 3 months ago though.

OP
OP
TRIMMELL

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to try and force the dealer to replace mine. It looks pretty trashy with the streaks in it. I'll end up replacing the bumpers at some point but I don't want it to look like crap until then.

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did they clean the engine compartment? Looks like engine degreaser residue, prolly kerosene based which can be pretty easily cleaned up.