hair line scratches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outdoorsmen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had a tragety happen. I was getting a cardboard box out of my truck when it fell over and scraped against the door leaving hairline scratches. I hit it with some McGuire's polish and most seem to come out but not all any ideas on how to get them gone

Last edited:

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What was the exact Meguiar's polish used and what applicator or pad did you use to try and remove them? If you can feel them with your finger nail, then they may be too deep.

nhcowboy

Reaction score
Meguires ultimate compound with a wool pad on RDAO WORKS well (don't be afraid to lean in on it). Follow up with fine machine polish and soft foam pad.

Or pay someone else to do it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
O

outdoorsmen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used mcguires ultimate polish in the black jug on a micro fiber towel. I didn't spend much time on it yet cause I had my 15 month old son with me, hence why I dropped the box. Should of waited till mom got home so I would of had both hands free.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try working the ultimate polish for a little bit longer. If that doesn't work, you may need to step up to ultimate compound or pick up some polishing pads.

OP
OP
O

outdoorsmen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just tried some McGuire's scratch out 2.0 it seemed to work a little better but if you pay close attention you can still see the scratches

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Can't feel them just barely see them. You have to know where they r too see them now. Any way to get them totally gone

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A machine is probably the only way to get 100% rid of them.

If you've made progress by hand and have some patience, then keep at it!

mkelly984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take your truck outdoors and push through some overgrown trails.
I guaranty you that you will no longer notice.

I agree, go get some dirt and some trail pin striping on it... Gives the truck a whole lot of character.