Found a good hard water spot removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paratrooper84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So there I was spending money on white vinegar, clay bars, etc etc... Nothing worked. Before starting a new thread asking how to remove water spots on this site I searched a thread. Long story short nothing worked but something I've had tucked away in a box for acouple years called turtle wax polishing compound. I'm guessing that my water spots were so bad that the spots weren't on the surface but beneath the clear. Either way that compound did the job. Now it's time for a fresh coat of wax�� to each is own not saying that anything else won't work but this worked for me.

Last edited:

1fastdoc

Reaction score
if it's etched you'll need a cleaner or compound.

If you get stupid water spots from rain or hard water when you wash (a huge problem here), Meguires Final Inspection works well to remove them. With my M3 I always went over the car with the Meguires after drying it. With the truck that is a far greater pain in the ass. Now I'm going to invest in an in-line water filter.

OP
OP
P

Paratrooper84

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you get stupid water spots from rain or hard water when you wash (a huge problem here), Meguires Final Inspection works well to remove them. With my M3 I always went over the car with the Meguires after drying it. With the truck that is a far greater pain in the ass. Now I'm going to invest in an in-line water filter.

Good stuff, I'll have to try It out

OP
OP
P

Paratrooper84

Full Access Member
Reaction score

How long should you let it sit when applied ?

1fastdoc

Reaction score
How long should you let it sit when applied ?

At one time I would do half the roof, half the hood or a door or panel. Then I do another similar section and go back and buff off the previous one. It's a spray on so it goes very quick.

1fastdoc

Reaction score
For water spots that have been there a while you can try a cleaner wax. If that fails, than really any of the polishing compounds should do. Meguiars Ultimate Polish is relatively easy to do by hand. A DA polisher would dramatically cut the time down though.