Foamer question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I been looking at buying a foam gun to was my cars. Then I remember that someone had given my something like that years ago and it was just sitting in the garage on a shelf. So I pulled it out and sure enough it's a foam gun, made by foam tech. I am sure it's for some insudtrial useage but I figure it would work. I threw some soap in it and it foamed pretty darn good. My question is it has a 96oz jug on it. How much car wash soap would vs water would I put in this thing. Also it came with a crap load of internal tips (see attachment), so what is the best internal tip to use? Thanks

Attachments

• 2013-09-26 15.02.41.jpg
    2013-09-26 15.02.41.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Scan0002.jpg
    Scan0002.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 64

Dr_Pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your question is better answered by another question/answer. What kind of shampoo are you planning on using?? If you are using a low quality car soap, you will have to use a small dilution ratio because the lubricity of the soap is not adequate enough to protect your paint. If you are using a high lubricity, high foaming car shampoo, then you can raise the dilution ratio and select the tip accordingly.

Personally I use a foam cannon (which is attached to my power washer). I've used Mr. Pink and Maxi Suds II and Honeydew soap and produce shaving cream thick foam. This is awesome as a pre-wash. I then follow with a 2 bucket technique, and dry using forced air and waffleweave MF..... and Bob's your uncle! I almost forgot, I normally use a high grade polymer spray sealant as a drying agent.

OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't have any shampoo right now, was trying to figure out the best to I could get off amazon.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Your question is better answered by another question/answer. What kind of shampoo are you planning on using?? If you are using a low quality car soap, you will have to use a small dilution ratio because the lubricity of the soap is not adequate enough to protect your paint. If you are using a high lubricity, high foaming car shampoo, then you can raise the dilution ratio and select the tip accordingly.

Personally I use a foam cannon (which is attached to my power washer). I've used Mr. Pink and Maxi Suds II and Honeydew soap and produce shaving cream thick foam. This is awesome as a pre-wash. I then follow with a 2 bucket technique, and dry using forced air and waffleweave MF..... and Bob's your uncle! I almost forgot, I normally use a high grade polymer spray sealant as a drying agent.

Also what is a waffle weave and who is Bob?

I googled it and figures out what the waffle weave was.

Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and order from Adam's on here. They have incredible products that rival some of the best out there, there support our forum, and they offer a 10% discount to us as well.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have used both Mr Pink and Honeydew. Both put out lots of foam, I use foam cannon attached to pressure washer too. Diluted around 3 to 1 water to soap, that may be too much, but it makes your truck white with foam. I haven't used Adams soap, but their detail spray is amazing.

OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and order from Adam's on here. They have incredible products that rival some of the best out there, there support our forum, and they offer a 10% discount to us as well.

No offense to Adam's stuff but I will probably order some chemical guys stuff off Amazon. I have a 150.00 credit on there, less money out of pocket.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really like the Chemical Guys soap. But they have just way too many waxes and seemed too gimmicky to me. I think Adams only has 2, and read nothing but good things about them.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have one Car Wash Shampoo. It's pH neutral and create incredible thick foam.

It works in a bucket.

It works with water.

It works on a wash pad.

It works with a wash mitt.

It works in a foam gun.

It works in a foam cannon.

It works on white paint.

It works on black paint.

It works anywhere/anyway you want to use it.

:)