First Scratch (that I didn't do)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tipnring

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went out yesterday about 130pm & found a nice long scratch on the driver's side. They got the tail light lens too. Took it to the body shop & the low estimate is $755. The estimator said that it looked like they did it with a screw driver. They want it for 3 days. (He said that I could leave it over the weekend & they would start on it Monday. Yea right, so someone can drive it over the weekend?)

The guy at Tint world Jax told me he installed 6 cameras with a 2 TB Tera-byte HD DVR that records 24 hrs. It would have been nice to see who did this.

Attachments

• IMG_1922.jpg
    IMG_1922.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1923.jpg
    IMG_1923.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1916.jpg
    IMG_1916.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 82

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dam that sucks man! Really hope you can find out who did it. Prob. Some Prius driver =P

Sorry to see stuff like this happen. Good luck in the fix

goinsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why a sane person would do this and it happens far too often. If they don't like it then move on and live your own life but don't damage someone else's property. I wish you could catch who did it. I have video surveillance all over my house but that doesn't help me when the truck is away from home. Good luck with getting it fixed.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That sucks, I had a couple of kids throw a rock at my drivers door. Before I knew what had happened, my wife jumped out of the truck and started chasing them into an appartment building. She caught them, and the one that threw it confessed. I was just glad no one got hurt. I sent them the bill, but never heard from them. Again, it could have been much worst and no one got hurt.

The dent was pulled out and the paint was buffed. I can see the mark only when the truck is clean.

Kapolani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you park?

Were you crowding or overlapping a spot?

Big, wide truck like that is bound to **** people off if you park jacked up.

It's ********, but only takes a little to **** off ******** like that.

That's why I park far away everywhere I go. ****** off the wife, but tough shit.

OP
OP
tipnring

tipnring

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you park?

Were you crowding or overlapping a spot?

Big, wide truck like that is bound to **** people off if you park jacked up.

It's ********, but only takes a little to **** off ******** like that.

That's why I park far away everywhere I go. ****** off the wife, but tough shit.

Parked on the side of my house on a side road. (see the first photo). Neighbor parks his Tundra next to his house like I do. Haven't had any issues until now. Obviously someone didn't like it.

When I go to a store I try & park it as far away as possible. My wife caught a Bag boy that pushed a cart into the raptor. Good thing that it hit the running board instead of the body.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Parked on the side of my house on a side road. (see the first photo). Neighbor parks his Tundra next to his house like I do. Haven't had any issues until now. Obviously someone didn't like it.

When I go to a store I try & park it as far away as possible. My wife caught a Bag boy that pushed a cart into the raptor. Good thing that it hit the running board instead of the body.

Gotta love those running boards.