First Detail - Adamized the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TheWolf

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wolf... Quick update... Googled up some places and near me is these people.

Delivery Detail | Detailing Services | Adams Products

Im scheduled or Thursday morning for them to do the "heavy lifting" and then I can maintain it with them several times a year. Im stoked. They are literally around the corner from me. I quizzed Ryan about some knowledge I learned from the adams videos and he was right on! So I wll give her a go. I will post some before and afters. They need it all day which is cool.

Watch the videos seems like they got their shizzle together. Again I will take some nice before and afters with my wife camera.

Dang, that video on the Delivery Detail website is killer. I hope Adam's paid for at least half of the production cost LOL. You are definitely lucky to have him so close.

Can't wait to see the photos on your Raptor. What's on the menu for your detail?

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wolf... Quick update... Googled up some places and near me is these people.

Delivery Detail | Detailing Services | Adams Products

Im scheduled or Thursday morning for them to do the "heavy lifting" and then I can maintain it with them several times a year. Im stoked. They are literally around the corner from me. I quizzed Ryan about some knowledge I learned from the adams videos and he was right on! So I wll give her a go. I will post some before and afters. They need it all day which is cool.

Watch the videos seems like they got their shizzle together. Again I will take some nice before and afters with my wife camera.

You lucky basterd.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

My truck would be going there once a year for a proper detail. What's a cost on a full?

OP
OP
TheWolf

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was time for the Fall Detail to add some fresh layers of protection before it starts to snow. While there were a some very minor scratches and scuffs, I did not do any paint correction as I plan to only do that for the Spring Details. With the snow, ice, road sand and deicing chemicals, there will be some inadvertent paint damage that will need to be addressed next time. Also, since I did the wheels a few weeks ago and did a full interior detail last weekend, the steps shown only addressed the exterior body of the truck.

FALL DETAIL AND WINTER PROTECTION

1. Strip washed the truck with pressure washer and foam cannon containing 4oz Car Wash Shampoo and 2oz All Purpose Cleaner, used a wool wash pad and rinsed it in the grit guard bucket between panels, thorough rinse with DI water.

2. Clay bar treatment with Detail Spray.

3. Rinsed off residue with pressure washer, wiped down with 50% All Purpose Cleaner dilution and wash mitt, DI rinse and then dried with Metro Sidekick. Finish drying with Great White Drying Towel.

4. Applied Glass Sealant to the windows. I did this first to make is easier to remove residue when I put Quick Sealant on the window trim.

5. Applied Quick Sealant to all plastic and trim, leveled with foam applicator and wiped residue with Singe Soft Towel.

6. Polished with Revive, using the Cyclo and White Foam Finishing Pads. Removed residue with Double Soft Towels.

7. Used the Metro Sidekick to blow off the polish dust that collects in the nooks and crannies.

8. Wipe down paint with 50% Isopropyl Alcohol dilution and Single Soft Towels. Sprayed the towels rather than the paint to keep from stripping the Quick Sealant off the trim.

9. Applied another coat of Quick Sealant to the trim to add additional protection from staining and to seal the paint right next to the trim.

10. Liquid Paint Sealant with Black Machine Sealant Pads on the Cyclo, removed residue with Double Soft Towels.

11. Americana Paste Wax with Black Machine Waxing Pads on the Cyclo, removed residue with Double Soft Towels.

Since I did not want to strip the sealant off the wheels, I covered them with cardboard to keep the foam off
20141107_101252.jpg

Here's the lineup.
20141107_110327.jpg

Since I rinsed with DI water, I did not have to dry or worry about water spots before using the clay bar.
20141107_105041.jpg

And some Revive Polish to clean the paint so the sealant gets a good bond.
20141107_150615.jpg

The towel on the right removed the residue from the Revive, but the two towels on the left show additional residue removal with a wipe-down using the Isopropyl Alcohol dilution. I think having the paint as clean as possible is important for the longevity of the sealant.
20141107_163414.jpg

One big benefit to the Cyclo on a truck this big is that I can reach the middle of the roof without having to lean against the side.
20141107_154335.jpg

I will give these towels a rinse and then presoak them overnight in a wash bucket with 3oz of MFR&B. Then I will run them through the washer and dryer.
20141107_210720.jpg

And the "Product Reflection Photo".
20141108_121001.jpg

Photos of the final results to follow...

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheWolf

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So do you do this work for others for a price?
No, I would be too expensive. I've done the occassional scratch repair for friends and family but a full detail like this one took me 10 hours, too long to try and make money at it...and my day job is much less work LOL!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score