First Detail - Adamized the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Wilson! :favorites13:

Yes, our old friend Nick, his involvement on FRF is what got me to try Adam's Polishes. My goal in being the Adam's rep here was to get it back to the way Nick ran it.

-Dan

Especially since they legalized pot in Colorado, right? No real business for a proper 'dealer' in that market anymore. Now you just get all of us hooked on another product for a living.......lol

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Wilson! :favorites13:

Yes, our old friend Nick, his involvement on FRF is what got me to try Adam's Polishes. My goal in being the Adam's rep here was to get it back to the way Nick ran it.

-Dan

I think there was another Nick that got you to try Adam's Polishes after seeing some reflection shots off of Tuxedo Black haha... shameless plug :specialed:

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got my new method NVs today. I want to put a coat of liquid paint sealer on them before mounting up. Do you think there is any prep to do first?

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Got my new method NVs today. I want to put a coat of liquid paint sealer on them before mounting up. Do you think there is any prep to do first?

I would clean them first with some All Purpose Cleaner, just in case there is anything on the finish that might prevent the Liquid Paint Sealant from bonding good. Rinse well and dry.

-Dan

OP
OP
TheWolf

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get Up in Your GRILL

Most of you have found that cleaning the grill can be challenging, and dirt and/or stains often remain after washing because the brick pattern is difficult to clean with just a wash pad.

1_zps8jkgqvhe.jpg

To start, a good pressure wash to get most the loose dirt blasted off.

2_zpsswfzuzph.jpg

It is impossible to scrub all the visible areas from the outside, so I start by raising the hood and soaking the back of the grill with Waterless Wash. Another good option is using a Rinseless Wash dilution.

3_zpspjgziclo.jpg

Used the Wheel Brush to scrub everything I could reach.

4_zpskqbwmcae.jpg

After closing the hood, soaked the grill again.

5_zpsdbwh0fee.jpg

Scrubbed with the Detail Brush, paying attention to getting the nooks and crannies of the grill.

6_zpsrfbsfljp.jpg

To address some of the tighter areas that the brush does not completely clean, I used a foam detailing swab to scrub each little brick opening.

7_zpsiwnn7tfr.jpg

After scrubbing just one row of bricks, the swab had picked up a bit of dirt.

8_zpss3jbrp0z.jpg

Rinsed the swab out, scrubbed another row, rinse and repeat. Don't forget the lower grill.

After rinsing, I blew most of the water off with the Master Blaster, then partially raised the hood and used a microfiber towel that was damp with Waterless Wash to wipe any remaining areas that still showed dirt.

9_zpsaje18e6a.jpg

Nice and clean!

10_zps7itoer72.jpg

(Thanks for the write-up idea @The Macf)

Last edited:

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get Up in Your GRILL

Most of you have found that cleaning the grill can be challenging, and dirt and/or stains often remain after washing because the brick pattern is difficult to clean with just a wash pad.

1_zps8jkgqvhe.jpg

To start, a good pressure wash to get most the loose dirt blasted off.

2_zpsswfzuzph.jpg

It is impossible to scrub all the visible areas from the outside, so I start by raising the hood and soaking the back of the grill with Waterless Wash. Another good option is using a Rinseless Wash dilution.

3_zpspjgziclo.jpg

Used the Wheel Brush to scrub everything I could reach.

4_zpskqbwmcae.jpg

After closing the hood, soaked the grill again.

5_zpsdbwh0fee.jpg

Scrubbed with the Detail Brush, paying attention to getting the nooks and crannies of the grill.

6_zpsrfbsfljp.jpg

To address some of the tighter areas that the brush does not completely clean, I used a foam detailing swab to scrub each little brick opening.

7_zpsiwnn7tfr.jpg

After scrubbing just one row of bricks, the swab had picked up a bit of dirt.

8_zpss3jbrp0z.jpg

Rinsed the swab out, scrubbed another row, rinse and repeat. Don't forget the lower grill.

After rinsing, I blew most of the water off with the Master Blaster, then partially raised the hood and used a microfiber towel that was damp with Waterless Wash to wipe any remaining areas that still showed dirt.

9_zpsaje18e6a.jpg

Nice and clean!

10_zps7itoer72.jpg

(Thanks for the write-up idea @The Macf)

No quick sealant or in and out spray? Damn