First Detail - Adamized the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TheWolf

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Follow-up comments:

Got some rain today. The truck was dusty from driving it this week (I actually did the detail last weekend). Very nice beading on the paint.

The Glass Sealant is amazing. I was driving on the highway in a decent rainfall and didn't even have to use the wipers, the rain just flew right off. I had noticed a few weeks ago that the wipers would kind of shudder as they swept across the windshield when it was just drizzling. Now, with the Glass Sealant, they just slide across like a hot knife through butter.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

Wow! So how long did the whole job take you counting setting up and cleanup?

I just got done cleaning my truck with Adam but didn't take near as long and definitely not as detailed as you.

I washed at a car wash (by hand and yeah, I know not good) but I didn't start until almost 5pm so rushing against daylight. Used the same large drying cloth. Used SVRT and finished with touching up the engine. Used polish reviver, plush cloth. Then paint sealant, plush cloth and finally buttery wax then the double plush towel. Haven't done the glass yet. Took 3 hours from start to finish and barely by sunset. Ate dinner that got cold.

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TheWolf

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's going to be a major emotional event when that truck gets its first scratch.
If it ever goes off road.

No, not really. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten scratched yet. My last truck got a nice deep scratch at the airport when it was two weeks old. It is only a matter of time before one of the kids runs into it with a bike or scooter.

I'm not a hard-core off-roader so it won't get trail-striped but it will see some muddy fun from time-to-time.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Wow! So how long did the whole job take you counting setting up and cleanup?

I am a little embarrassed to say that I spent about 14 hours over two days. But this was going nice and slow, watching the videos, taking breaks to sit and admire, adding up all my receipts from Adam's, making a list of more Adam's stuff to order, shaking my head at the trashed paint on the Jeep.

I think I could do the whole thing again in maybe 9-10 hours.