Factory Lower Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had success cleaning these up? If so what did you use?

Attachments

• 20180211_093004.jpg
    20180211_093004.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 135

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried using WD40 and some scotch brite. That worked pretty well but laying on the ground hand sanding was a huge pain. I finally found a set of used OEM and bought them so i could work on them off the truck. I ended up sand blasting and then cerakoting them. Turned out really nice. I’ll post some pics later tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Raptized

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried using WD40 and some scotch brite. That worked pretty well but laying on the ground hand sanding was a huge pain

Yeah that would suck. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i get the new ones installed I’ll be selling the old ones if you’re interested in going that route. You could always pull them off. Clean them up and reinstall if you can handle having your truck down for a few days

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Flitz? That's a polish. You'll be there all day with that, and I don't think it'll work very well on the rough cast surface either. I really think you want an aluminum "brightener" like what I linked above. Spray it on, let it sit and rinse it off. Done.

OP
OP
Raptized

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flitz? That's a polish. You'll be there all day with that, and I don't think it'll work very well on the rough cast surface either. I really think you want an aluminum "brightener" like what I linked above. Spray it on, let it sit and rinse it off. Done.
Sorry I left it out. I ordered that too. Thanks again!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

Need to clean the lowers. Any good product to make the job easier?
First link not working and other goes to invalid