Factory Graphics... Wax-Seal over them or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My factory sticker on the hood has failed, less than a year old. First thing they said was you put a sealer on it, waxed it, then finally you washed it to hard. I never put any coatings on the sticker, im just saying if you do that's Ford's way out of warranty issues... Mine is getting replaced..

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've never heard of wax or anything harming a sticker. I've washed/waxed/sealed a ton of vehicles with and without stickers and never had a problem.
...you washed it to hard.
How do you wash something too hard?

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That was the service writers answer upon inspection. They called a detail guy over and asked him to look at it.. He said looks like a sealer and the sealer damaged it. I told them the only way it had a sealer was if they did it without my knowledge. They then said its a wax build up, but no wax comes off.. Then they said I washed to to hard and that it was my fault the decal failed. So after the dealer basically saying it was my problem they took pictures and sent them to Ford Corporate for review. And corporate said it failed in the graphics and would send out a replacement.. All of the things I was told were things to basically put me on the defensive to justify why it was warranty. I don't really know why and wonder if there is someplace these guys go to school to teach them to automatically blame the consumer... But due to nothing on it no sealer at all, it is covered under warranty..