Everytime @ car wash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EdgeR6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to explain not to go through the track system. They tell me that others have gone threw with np. I tell them my owners manual says not to. Then I pay extra for hand was which is ok. Mine is a 13. I have read on here that somebody went here one and it broke the car wash.

D

Deleted member 12951

I have never ran my Raptor through an automatic car wash since I owned it. You are correct, the owners manual recommends not to. I would NOT do it and hand washing is ALWAYS better just make sure they are using clean towels.

I've also read awhile back here that a car wash place wouldn't allow Raptors through because of damage. For grins I called the car wash place in our city (there is only 2 companies here with multiple locations) and asked if a raptor could go through, nope they said.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
My local wash has an adjustable track, it goes through just fine. @svtlightning00 even makes it through with 37"s and +2 fenders.

OP
OP
E

EdgeR6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They did a pretty good job truck looks good, but I really need it to be clay bared. And keep going back and forth of doing it my self, or paying to have it done at around 200$.

D

Deleted member 12951

They did a pretty good job truck looks good, but I really need it to be clay bared. And keep going back and forth of doing it my self, or paying to have it done at around 200$.

You are paying $200 for a hand wash??

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I take my truck to the Waterway by my house every week and it runs through just fine. I've read with problems elsewhere, but I always go to the same place I know works. Been doing it weekly for four years.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My go to car wash hand washes the truck for $35. When I am looking to just knock the dust off, I run it through a 'touches' car wash (no tract) located at a local BBQ joint for $12....been doing that for the last 100,000 miles with no problems.

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Two years old and has never seen a car wash. I always do the two bucket hand wash. It really doesn't take that long and I know it is done right,,,

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My go to car wash hand washes the truck for $35. When I am looking to just knock the dust off, I run it through a 'touches' car wash (no tract) located at a local BBQ joint for $12....been doing that for the last 100,000 miles with no problems.

Those touch less washes are rough. Lots of harsh chemicals.