Engine Cleaning!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure your products must be good but no one needs to use 4 of them to clean the engine
He used more than 4.

When it comes to detailing, there are three kinds of people:
  • The slackers. These are the people that don't care and use whatever is cheap and easy (if they clean their truck at all)
  • The average joes. These are the people that want to use good products and do a good job. Some put in more effort than others, but in the end, they aren't expecting a show vehicle.
  • The Fanatics. These are the people that will spend an entire day detailing their truck and not bat an eye. They will use different products in a methodical sequence to get the best results. For them, it's a mission, an obsession, and therepy all in one.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone who's been around car/truck forums for years knows there's only 1 way to detail a vehicle :ROFLJest:

v93y8r5zbn.jpg

While we're on this subject...

5481f0d4247123602d33e7db46b7e950.jpg

post-13016-0-24526000-1454640494.jpg

8sr9hf6vg3.jpg

Last edited:

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is an old picture. I have since doubled the amount of products and had to build a new rack for all of my gallon refills.

Attachments

• 91369d1502462631-engine-cleaning-20161104_205543.jpg
    91369d1502462631-engine-cleaning-20161104_205543.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 31

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A little Adams All Purpose Cleaner, Boars Hair brush, Adams SVRT, and Adams In and Out spray for hard to reach areas.

I'm sure your products must be good but no one needs to use 4 of them to clean the engine

It did not take him four products to "clean" the engine. He only used one cleaner, All Purpose Cleaner, and a brush.

The other two products are for appearance and protection. The VRT and In & Out Spray are applied after the engine is cleaned and dried. These products enhance appearance, and also protect the plastic trim and rubber hoses from dirt and mud. This makes it easier to clean the next time.

And yes, our products are good! But this is often because a product is designed to excel at a given task. For example our dedicated Tire & Rubber Cleaner works better on tires than an All Purpose Cleaner. That doesn't mean you can't just clean your truck with only a few products, but using a few more products specific to certain tasks makes the cleaning easier, and you get better results!

MiloX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It did not take him four products to "clean" the engine. He only used one cleaner, All Purpose Cleaner, and a brush.

The other two products are for appearance and protection. The VRT and In & Out Spray are applied after the engine is cleaned and dried. These products enhance appearance, and also protect the plastic trim and rubber hoses from dirt and mud. This makes it easier to clean the next time.

And yes, our products are good! But this is often because a product is designed to excel at a given task. For example our dedicated Tire & Rubber Cleaner works better on tires than an All Purpose Cleaner. That doesn't mean you can't just clean your truck with only a few products, but using a few more products specific to certain tasks makes the cleaning easier, and you get better results!

Indeed. Also notice the date stamp on this post. This was way before Tire and Rubber Cleaner was even a product.

I still happily use Adam's products on my vehicles and now use them for our new boat.

You can go as crazy as you want as far as matching the tool for the task, or you can definitely get by with only a handful of chemicals.

Plus, you won't find better customer service in the business.

BTW- I am in no way affiliated with Adam's. Just a satisfied user. And a long term member of this forum. So take it for what it's worth.