electric buffer....save time??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am seriously considering purchase the twin buffer from Adams. Before I spend that kind of money my question is this. Will it really save me a lot of time versus hand polish? I assume it will look better in the long run but I guess that is really in the eye of the beholder. My interest is more saving time. To wash and wax this monster takes a lot if time to do it right. My hope is the electric buffer will save a ton of time. For you guys that have the Adams twin buffer..........save a bunch of time?

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought the flex when they still sold that. It saves time and I feel it does a nicer job. It is a time saver for me.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

mikehoncho88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A buffer is for correction of swirl marks, scratches, and other imperfections in paint and clearcoat. It is designed to do a specific job in the multistep process of resoring a paint finish.

If you just want to lay down and then take off a quick coat of wax, I would say it is better and just as fast to do it by hand. Although your arm might be more tired. By hand you can just grab a new towel quickly, vice stopping to switch out a pad.

Most one step waxes are intended to be removed by hand anyway (read the directions). If you intend to actually correct the paint and buff out swirl marks, then the machine is a worthy investment.

I don't have the patience to do that kind of work anymore, but back when I had a black sports car, I was all about spending a whole weekend buffing that thing. Much easier to have a white truck and not worry about it. :)

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought the flex when they still sold that. It saves time and I feel it does a nicer job. It is a time saver for me.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thanks.....any estimate about the amount of time you save? Like 20% or 50% etc.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Using a polisher (we don't call them buffers, that term is usually reserved for high speed rotary machines) will serve two major purposes:

1) Save you a TON of time, weather it's polishing, sealing, glazing, or waxing
2) Will achieve results that are impossible by hand

Using a machine for scratch/swirl removal is really a game of numbers. Your hand can accomplish 30-40 oscillations per minute, where a machine can more at thousands of oscillations per minute. That's where it shines (pun intended :wink: )

If you're looking for a faster way to apply sealant/glaze/wax, a machine will make it faster. If you're looking for paint correction, a machine is the way to go.

I often tell people once you use a machine polisher for the first time, you'll kick yourself for working by hand for so long. I GUARANTEE it!

As a bonus, the SPRING14 code that's good though today will save you some serious change on Cyclo's or the Cyclo kits. :cool:

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A buffer is for correction of swirl marks, scratches, and other imperfections in paint and clearcoat. It is designed to do a specific job in the multistep process of resoring a paint finish.

If you just want to lay down and then take off a quick coat of wax, I would say it is better and just as fast to do it by hand. Although your arm might be more tired. By hand you can just grab a new towel quickly, vice stopping to switch out a pad.

Most one step waxes are intended to be removed by hand anyway (read the directions). If you intend to actually correct the paint and buff out swirl marks, then the machine is a worthy investment.

I don't have the patience to do that kind of work anymore, but back when I had a black sports car, I was all about spending a whole weekend buffing that thing. Much easier to have a white truck and not worry about it. :)

I am not concerned about paint imperfections etc. More into saving time and arm wear using the polisher.

Last edited:

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I LOVE your sig!!!

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Using a polisher (we don't call them buffers, that term is usually reserved for high speed rotary machines) will serve two major purposes:

1) Save you a TON of time, weather it's polishing, sealing, glazing, or waxing
2) Will achieve results that are impossible by hand

Using a machine for scratch/swirl removal is really a game of numbers. Your hand can accomplish 30-40 oscillations per minute, where a machine can more at thousands of oscillations per minute. That's where it shines (pun intended :wink: )

If you're looking for a faster way to apply sealant/glaze/wax, a machine will make it faster. If you're looking for paint correction, a machine is the way to go.

I often tell people once you use a machine polisher for the first time, you'll kick yourself for working by hand for so long. I GUARANTEE it!

As a bonus, the SPRING14 code that's good though today will save you some serious change on Cyclo's or the Cyclo kits. :cool:

Thank you Nick. That is what I was hoping that I could save some time. Yes, I know about Spring14. I guess Cyclo here I come!!!!:winner_second_h4h:

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you haven't ordered the Cylco yet, DO IT. It does save time, even for sealing and waxing. It is also easier to reach the back of the hood and the center of the roof. You can one-hand drive the Cyclo with just your fingers on the end of the handle. Also, you still remove by hand with the Double Soft Towels so there is no need to change out the pads on the machine to remove a section before going on to the next.

I actually ordered a second Cyclo to use on the carpet and tires with some different types of brush attachments that Cyclo makes. I also plan on using it on my tile floors to see if it works good. Adam's doesn't carry the brush attachments but you can find them on Amazon. The reason I went with a second machine is that I was afraid that using it on tires and floors it would end up getting full of dirt and grit and I didn't want to risk having a piece fly out during polishing or waxing and then screw up my paint.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would have ordered cyclo with the Spring sale. But April is a tough month, property and income taxes... So hopefully they will have another sale this summer.