economical version of opti coat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Perauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at one of the gtechnig of cquartz kits as well.. Do you guys think 30ml is enough to cover the truck??? Ive never done this before and it just doesnt sound like a lot of material to cover the entire thing.

I would get a 50ml bottle for a Raptor ,I usually do two initial coats then a week later I will apply two more. I even have it on my Daily driver Police interceptor Explorer.

gentz002

Banned
Reaction score
I would get a 50ml bottle for a Raptor ,I usually do two initial coats then a week later I will apply two more. I even have it on my Daily driver Police interceptor Explorer.

Alright great. So 50ml would be enough for atleast 2 coats?

OP
OP
D

dmercer3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rip. Off.

It is not even anywhere near the league of a ceramic coating, and not even as good as a paint sealant.

That is even close to the normal cost for ECP, and even at half that price it would be a waste of money.

Check out this post over on our forum, from an expert who actually has experience with that exact product:

Auto Armor Care - General Detailing Discussion and Questions - Adams Forums

All those dealer applied protection products are a waste of money, and give you a false sense of having adequate protection on your truck.

thats pretty much what I thought you would say, thanks for keeping me from wasting that $600!