Detailing Micro Fiber Towels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So now that I have a new truck on the way I figured that I want to try to do a better job of detailing it and keeping it clean so I want to start getting some good detailing products.

My current truck sits outside all the time and really doesn't get cleaned like it should so I want to do a better job on the Raptor.

I start looking at these microfiber towels and there are like 500 different kinds and colors and this and that. WTH. simple, i need simple.

I need a cheat sheet that says pick these for drying, these for buffing or waxing, and this one over here for windows.

I had no idea there were so many options.

Any recommendations, opinions, suggestions on good micro fiber towels?

Someone needs to make it easy and sell a starter kit with the best XYZ products to get started. I want an all in one kit that isn't going to break my wallet and still allows me to wash, dry, wax without thinking so hard about which side of the towel to use.

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I usually just buy the biggest pack i can find at autozone, oreillys, whatever. I never use them on windows. I found any aerosole window cleaner with paper towels works just fine for me. Or give Adams a call and see what they recommend.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go with Adams. There have very high quality supplies (better than you'll find at your local stores) and they are a forum vendor. They also offer a forum discount, so that is nice too. You can PM them or hopefully Nick will chime in. I'll try to create a list for you once I get to a computer.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We'd like to think that our towel offerings are relatively simple and straight forward:
  • For drying, our Great White Microfiber Drying Towels.
  • For Waterless Wash, our Waterless Wash Towels.
  • For glass, our Glass Cleaning Towels.
  • For removing metal polish residue, our Metal Polish Towels.
  • For dirtier jobs, our Utility Towels.
  • For painted surfaces, we offer a few options. Our Single Soft, Double Soft, Borderless Blue, and Silver Supremes all will work well.

You can find them all here:

Microfiber Detailing Towels & Applicators

When shopping MF towels, keep in mind that not all MF is created equal!

The cheap ones you can buy in bulk packs at the auto parts store (no offense to the guys above) are made in China and will absolutely wreck your paint. Save those for non-painted surfaces...or for checking oil. ;)

The high quality ones (like we offer) are made in South Korea, which is the only place the world's high quality MF comes from.

Making the investment in quality towels is a big step, but it's absolutely worth if it you care how your paint looks.

OP
OP
LastLight

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Nick,

I know I just missed your weekend sale but I am trying to put together an extensive list of items that I want or will need.

Watching your videos helps explain the use of the products.

Hope to place an order once I get that list figured out.

I appreciate everyones opinions and input so far.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I use Adam's Great White for Drying.
Adam's Glass towel for glass.
Adam's Single Soft for Polish and Sealant.
Adam's Double Soft for Glaze and Wax.

Waterless wash, I use some S. Korea towels my local detail buddy gave me. Great stuff. Pretty much like Adam's Single Soft. The new Borderless towels and Supremes look great, but I don't need anymore towels for now.

OP
OP
LastLight

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Adam's Great White for Drying.
Adam's Glass towel for glass.
Adam's Single Soft for Polish and Sealant.
Adam's Double Soft for Glaze and Wax.

Waterless wash, I use some S. Korea towels my local detail buddy gave me. Great stuff. Pretty much like Adam's Single Soft. The new Borderless towels and Supremes look great, but I don't need anymore towels for now.

You guys are killing me here. My list of items just keep growing and growing. I may have to hold out for a Christmas sale now.

Good stuff guys, I appreciate the opinions and to understand what works.