Detailed The New FX4 This Weekend.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Alright, it may not be a Raptor but that doesn't mean the products I used couldn't be used on one. So, I guess this is for you guys with silver trucks then.

As some of you may know, I got a new truck about a month ago. A 2011 Ford F-150 FX4 with the 5.0L and 34k miles on her. This is only the second time I've washed her by hand, I know shame one me, other than the touchless wash. She now has 37k miles on her and I decided I'd clean her up a little before I head up to Michigan later this week.

- Washed and foamed with Chemical Guys Citrus Wash Red. 1:2 or 1:3 ratio.
- Autogeek Quart Foam Gun, Meguiar's MF Wash Mitt.
- CarPro Tar-X and Iron-X.
- CarPro Hydro2 Touchless Silica Sealant on everything after washing.
- Dried with Cobra waffle weave guzzler.
- Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal on paint and trim.
- Duragloss 265 Ultimate Detail Spray on tires.
- Removed Flex-Fuel emblem on tailgate and replaced it with a 5.0L Coyote V8 emblem.

No pics of Tar-X or Iron-X working because I was working in the sun, needed to move quick. Windows had a little streaking from CarPro Hydro2 as a result of letting it sit a little too long in the sun before rinsing. I know you're not suppose to use them in the sun, but I didn't really have choice. Last time I used Hydro2 I didn't have any streaking. Otherwise the Hydro2 is absolutely amazing. The way the water beads as you rinse it off makes it resemble a coating, water just falls right off. For those of you not familiar with it, you spray it on while the truck is still wet and then rinse it off. That's it. Then dry as you normally would.

CarPro Hydro2 Touchless Silica Sealant

Truck wasn't really that dirty before but here are some before shots from two days ago.

I have not corrected the paint yet, but it doesn't look like she'll need much correcting at all.

LR-02189.jpg

LR-02183.jpg

After CarPro Hydro2.

LR-02200.jpg

LR-02208.jpg

LR-02212.jpg

After WGDGLS and DG265.

LR-02219.jpg

LR-02218.jpg

LR-02221.jpg

LR-02223.jpg

LR-02224.jpg

LR-02226.jpg

The new 5.0L Coyote V8 emblem that replaced the Flex-Fuel one.

LR-02230.jpg

LR-02231.jpg

LR-02236.jpg

LR-02237.jpg

LR-02241.jpg

Who says silver can't shine?:sexywiz:

Thanks for looking.:waytogo: