DA auto polishers ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yomudderputter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got a question about orbital polishers. There are a lot of them out there and they look like a great way to get that car show shine. autogeek as a lot of videos about them

Has any one used the Cyclo Orbital Polisher? Im about to purchase a cyclo but was curios if anyone on this forum has used it.

let me know
thanks

PEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Porter Cable random orbital from Griot's Garage. It worked great on my last black Ford, no swirling at all!

SERG09

Hi Ho Silver
Reaction score
I'm in the market myself. The Griot's Garage offering is a new updated model with potentially more torque that the Porter Cable unit according to some of the posts and info available on the autogeek.com site.

Crosstx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Dewalt

If I had seen the Show Car Ultimate kit I would have bought that, I paid that for my polisher alone at Finish Masters.

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Porter Cable 7424XP or the Flex. Either one works well, the flex works a little better but is a good bit stronger and is slightly harder to use.

Use 5.5" pads; 4" pads are handy for bumper covers and tight areas. You'll eventually want them too.

The Cyclo is ok, but doesn't work quite as fast as a single pad type and they're a little heavier.

The Flex can yield rotary-like correction times and results because it has the forced rotation.

I started with the PC and still use it for tight areas and gentle jobs. The Flex sees the most action for larger corrections and I have a rotary for when I really have to get the job done. Combine the Flex with products like Meg's new Microfiber DA system, there's virtually no need for a rotary now.

OP
OP
yomudderputter

yomudderputter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after a lot of research I ordered the Cyclo, with variable speed control. I appreciate all your feedback.

i'll let you now how it turns out. I got some pretty good scuff from a desert run through the Mojave. but first im going to test my skills on my sons car.. : )