Cudos to Nick @ Adams....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Master Yoda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....my son's new to him first vehicle needed a little attention on the rubber and plastic trim. The worst oxidation I'd seen was on the plastic cowl...10 years worth of it from the previous owner. Nick responded to my inquiry about how to fix this a few weeks ago and I ordered, but today we finally got to put their cleaner and Super VRT to the test. Made a pic once half of it was done so you all could see the difference between treated vs. how it looked before. My boy is thrilled with the results, as am I. Next, he gets to clay bar and wax her. Thanks, Nick.

Attachments

• Adam's Cleaner and VRT.jpg
    Adam's Cleaner and VRT.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 111

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Glad to help and glad you are happy with your results!

The kicker with reviving old, faded trim pieces is the cleaning step. Many people just keep applying different dressings over and over and over again, only to find that they last an incredibly short amount of time before the fading reappears.

Cleaning the oxidized "dead" layer off first, then treating, is the key and you NAILED IT!

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What products and process did you use? Gf got a different vehicle with a little oxidation on the rubber around the windows and plastic trim.

OP
OP
Master Yoda

Master Yoda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maxx, we used the Adams All Purpose Cleaner first, sprayed it on small pieces of cut up Tshirt for the trim around the doors, windows and such. Where it was worst, I sprayed it on a small, bristle brush from the kitchen sink and scrubbed the cowl. Don't leave the cleaner on there very long, do it in the shade, (according to instructions) and best not to spray it on the surface to clean. We'd scrub and rinse immediately, dry it off and look for spots we missed, repeated the process till it all looked equally "faded". I let it sit overnight after a good thorough rinsing and we applied the Adams Super VRT dressing to it yesterday with some small block sponges I purchased from Nick/Adams. That allowed us to get down in those holes all across the front that look cool until they get all washed out looking and gunked up. I will be curious to see how long it retains the "new" look before we have to apply again. Hey, if it's an every 2 - 3 month deal, so what? It takes very little of the VRT to cover a large area, so this bottle will last a while until I break down and start wiping the tires down with it haha.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the instructions. It'll make the plastic bedcaps look good, and it's better with our tires, if you dilute it way down to a "milk" and spray it on. Especcially if you have side lugs