Cold Weather Washing/Detailing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasBlues

Reaction score
hey all!

i know some of you live in much colder climates than i do (im in GA), but it does get cold here in the winter...

what are some of your processes for keeping your machine clean and sparkly during the winter months?

i did a full on @AdamsPolishes wash/wax/seal on mine yesterday in prep for the rainy/cold season...

just curious as to what everyone else does...

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You've got the first step correct, having a good layer of protection with the Paint Sealant makes winter cleanup much easier.

Like @sgsraptor suggested, the Rinseless Wash procedure works good when the truck is not too dirty, and can be done inside the garage to avoid freezing temps.

If the truck is really dirty, than you can start by pressure washing off most of the crud outside (or at a Pay-n-Spray car wash) then do the rinseless wash inside.

If you do get a day when the temps get above freezing, then a normal two-bucket wash can be done, using the Foam Cannon to help loosen up the winter crud.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f36/first-detail-adamized-raptor-33281/index12.html#post798791

OP
OP
T

TexasBlues

Reaction score
i have some of that i think... i'll have to check it out...

5 gallons and 2oz?

kinda cool... clean-up/dry with HG/G?

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The rinse-less wash is great, really a time saver. I purchased a CR spotless, so you can just let it air dry with no water spots. Probably wouldn't work in the freezing cold. Says not to use with heated water. I used to live a cold climate, we just didn't wash our cars in the winter, but they didn't use salt either. I know there are truck washes that are enclosed and heated.

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't even use detail spray anymore lol. Just freezes. I didnt get to try the holiday scented version either.