Clear Undercoat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Normally you won't find AMSOIL from a place like Summit racing. The only real place that would carry it locally would be your local Carquest, NAPA, etc. Then ONLY if they havebeen set up as a retail on the shelf account by an independent dealer such as myself.

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Spray Today. Products will get one spray each day.

The Amsoil, Boshield and LPS seems to bead the spray (like in car wax), the rest seems to sheet it off (like in acrylic car wax) it just kinda of rolled of the steel.

Some of them had bugs on them, as you can see. I was not going to try and remove them. So its not rust right now, just bugs.

I will watch close and report back at the first signs of rust.

2nd Test 1st Spray1.jpg2nd Test 1st Spray.jpg

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Day #2 24 HRS

The Amsoil MP, FP10 and LPS are starting to rust on the very top of the metal.

I found that strange because the metal is tilted and the salt water spray runs down. But if you think about it they are in the exact same positions after I sprayed the original time to get the product on. So if the product is on the thin side, some will run down and there must be less product up on top because of the slant the metal is on.

Thats another reason The Ams HD works so well as an under coat because it sticks on and gravity does not seem to effect it.

This test will be interesting because the first test the heat, sun light and rain played an important roll in the out come and break down of the products.

This test we have no sun, very little heat, its winter in Florida right now and no constant rain, just a salt spray. Lets see how the story unfolds.

As you can see the bare metal is rusting very nicely!!

Day 2 24 HRS.jpgDay 2 24 HRS Side2 (2).jpgDay 2 24 HRS Side2 (1).jpg

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would also be good to note that the AMSOIL MP (NOT the heavy duty MPHD) is not made for extremes like under coating. That particular product is designed without the same heavy silica additives that the MPHD is formulated with. The best uses for the "regular MP" on a vehicle would be under the hood. Mainly concentrated on wiring harness and elsctrical plugs, etc. The way that it is designed is actually forces out moisture that can cause havoc in an electrical system. It is also great for guns, where the AMSOIL MPHD is not recommended.

That being said, I FINALLY got what I was waiting for for the final stage of my testing. We got SNOW~! I am waiting for it to melt off the sample pieces naturally because I want to see what effect if any the snow has on the results. I will be posting ALL of my final results within the next few days, as soon as the snow melts off...

Thanks Mike for taking the time to perform such an in-depth test!