Cleaning the window trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any good products for cleaning the outside window trim? It seems that no matter what I do, it never looks clean! Like it always has some dirt stain or kinda weird look to even after a good wash. I've been using the Adams wash and that doesnt seem to do the trick. Almost seems like its just some screwy thing with the type of rubber they use. Not to mention, its predominantly the rubber at the bottom of the window on all four doors... seems like a different material.

Thoughts?

BAJA1K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tried many products that did not work as well. But then I found Eagle1 Trim projector gel it will give you great results. Very impressed.

Ricky B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tried many products that did not work as well. But then I found Eagle1 Trim projector gel it will give you great results. Very impressed.

How long does it last after application? Everything I have used looks good when first applied, then it's back to the worn out look a day later.

BAJA1K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It lasted until I washed the truck and it looked really worn again. So I reapplied the gel and looks great.

Surf City Garage

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any good products for cleaning the outside window trim? It seems that no matter what I do, it never looks clean! Like it always has some dirt stain or kinda weird look to even after a good wash. I've been using the Adams wash and that doesnt seem to do the trick. Almost seems like its just some screwy thing with the type of rubber they use. Not to mention, its predominantly the rubber at the bottom of the window on all four doors... seems like a different material.

Thoughts?

Seems so far the responses are all for dressings, not cleaners. A dressing won't do you a bit of good if you don't first properly clean and prep the surface. A dressing is fine to maintain going forward, but only AFTER you've got it properly cleaned!

You'll need to first deep clean the rubber and remove the oxidized material and any stubborn dirt. To do this use a quality APC and a microfiber towel to scrub the trim. If you need an APC we sell ours in a concentrate form - at 8:1 its great for this job: Surf City Garage - Surf City Garage Professional APC Concentrate - Cleaning & Decontamination - Surface Solutions - SCG Professional

After cleaning flush with water or wipe with a damp towel to remove any residues from the cleaner. THEN at that point apply a quality water based trim dressing to restore a nice look and keep it moisturized and protected.

Again here, if you're looking for a solution our Exterior Trim Conditioner is a water based concentrate that can be used right out of the bottle for higher gloss or cut 1:1 or more with water for lower gloss looks. Some of the other options suggested above are good as well if you already have them.
Surf City Garage - Surf City Garage Professional Exterior Trim Conditioner - Trim & Tire Care - Surface Solutions - SCG Professional

OP
OP
D

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems so far the responses are all for dressings, not cleaners. A dressing won't do you a bit of good if you don't first properly clean and prep the surface. A dressing is fine to maintain going forward, but only AFTER you've got it properly cleaned!

You'll need to first deep clean the rubber and remove the oxidized material and any stubborn dirt. To do this use a quality APC and a microfiber towel to scrub the trim. If you need an APC we sell ours in a concentrate form - at 8:1 its great for this job: Surf City Garage - Surf City Garage Professional APC Concentrate - Cleaning & Decontamination - Surface Solutions - SCG Professional

After cleaning flush with water or wipe with a damp towel to remove any residues from the cleaner. THEN at that point apply a quality water based trim dressing to restore a nice look and keep it moisturized and protected.

Again here, if you're looking for a solution our Exterior Trim Conditioner is a water based concentrate that can be used right out of the bottle for higher gloss or cut 1:1 or more with water for lower gloss looks. Some of the other options suggested above are good as well if you already have them.
Surf City Garage - Surf City Garage Professional Exterior Trim Conditioner - Trim & Tire Care - Surface Solutions - SCG Professional

Thanks for the info! Do you guys sell direct to the public? Im right over in downtown Seal Beach and always over in Huntington Beach... Ill swing by and pick up some of that stuff.

Surf City Garage

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Right on! A local guy. Absolutely can pop over to the HQ and pick up the products. The main offices and car collection are housed in a separate building from shipping and production so just give us a call ahead of time and they can have the products waiting for you when you get here.

(714) 894-1707

Be sure to mention your forum discount code as well. If you give me a heads up on when you'll be there I'll see if we have anyone free to give you a tour of the collection. It really should be seen if you're gonna be there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKPL8scKBaA