cleaning products/procedures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrpork

Full Access Member
Reaction score
like it says what are you using to clean the decals/running boards/interior/wheels. can you get wax on the decal? how do you keep the decals looking new also the running boards how do you keep them looking new

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
running boards and wheels i am very happy with the Show Car Detail Wheel Cleaner. The decals should not be waxed. I posted a great video a while back on how to care for the decals.

OP
OP
mrpork

mrpork

Full Access Member
Reaction score
running boards and wheels i am very happy with the Show Car Detail Wheel Cleaner. The decals should not be waxed. I posted a great video a while back on how to care for the decals.

i searched and didn't find anything

Tom C

Reaction score
MrPork,
Great lookin' truck! Sorta looks familiar! I've been using turtle wax Ice spray wax on my truck lately. I'ts clear so there's no white residue. Spray on/wipe off. Don't have to worry about overspray because you can use it on the plastic flares, windows, and rubber weatherstrip.The hood decal has been looking great after almost a year of using it. The runningboards started getting light colored stains where the water drips on them between the doors. I've been using Lucas slick mist for tires and trim for the steps and they stay nice and black.
Have Fun!

Attachments

• DSC03837.jpg
    DSC03837.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 119

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the main reason I didnt buy graphics....I knew simply washing a no graphic raptor would be a chore itself--especially b/c you probably cant take it to a tunnel car wash bc of the width. And I love going to the carwash when I dont do it myself! haha. Shit. Owell.

*I would go with a spray wax for decal care as well. Gold-Glass makes some really good spray wax--of which I've been using for nearly 15 years. I also began using te spray wax on my old SRT wheels bc they were powdercoated black and the spraywax reacted ver well on the powdercoat painted wheels....especially at getting out water spots.

apoirier594

Reaction score
Most people think a car wash with spray wax and some shine is "detailing". But regarding your question, you can get certain waxes on decals and trim, mostly pure waxes. Such as:

Poorboy's SSRs
Optimum Polish
Optimum Hyper Compound
Poorboy's PwC blue
Poorboy's PwS
P21S / S100 wax
Wolfgang HGPS
Klasse AIO
Klasse SG
Jeffs Werkstatt AJ
Poorboy's Natty's Blue
My fav.Pinnacle Souveran and a cheaper one which I like to use on all colors Pinnacle Signature Series II.

Don't go to autozone and buy TurtleWax, please!! Nothing against those of you who use it, but spend a little extra time and money to really take care of your truck. Trust me, I get compliments all the time of how clean my truck is cause I do it the right way.

You can order pretty much everything from We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store Its a pro detailing site, visit autopia.org and you will learn a lot.

If you do get a wax that stains trim..no biggie..I always use blue painters tape(might take 20+ minutes or so to tape off) but when detailing the right way you should always take your time, and trust me, once you do you will be very happy.

Now if some wax gets behind a emblem or trim remove it immediately with a detail brush or paint brush(that you only use for the purpose)and wipe it out. If it gets on the decal or emblem also immediately remove it with a wipe of a clean microfiber towel. If you miss it and come back later and their is a white stain you can always carefully use a pink eraser to remove the stain.

Clay bar your truck, take a whole day(for first time)to wash clay, wax and interior. It took me 3 hours to clay my truck first time(new cars on the lot need this). It makes your paint totally smooth, gets rid of all surface contaminants and allows the wax/sealant to bond better. Giving longer lasting protection and a better overall look to your paint.

If you have any further questions I'll be happy to help.

EDIT: I use a powerwasher, its 3.5 gpm and 1700 PSI. You can use 2500 and be fine. Just use a 40 degree nozzle(usually the white one) and stand a few feet back. You will not peel off the decals unless you are being aggressive. Once you get a power/pressure washer you can buy a foam cannon and you will have tons of fun washing. haha.. Just look up foam canon on youtube. But I always follow up with a proper hand wash- 2 bucket method.

Last edited: