Clay Baring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am going to clay bar my Raptor in the next week or so. I have never done it before on any car I have had. Any tips and tricks to make it go smooth? I know it's pretty straight forward but I don't want it to take a month to do it. Have to slide the wife's car in there to do it also. Thanks.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's pretty straight forward. Just don't use too much pressure or be afraid to use a lot of lube. There's not really anything you can do to make it go faster until you get the hang of it.

Auto detailing clay, detail clay bar, clay lubricant, Pinnacle Poly Clay, Wolfgang, auto detail clay, meguiar's detailing clay, auto clay bar

Don't forget the baggie test afterwards either: The Baggie Test - How to inspect for above surface bonded contaminants - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcZRj509Ir8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml434m7ILNA

Last edited:
OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's pretty straight forward. Just don't use too much pressure or be afraid to use a lot of lube. There's not really anything you can do to make it go faster until you get the hang of it.

Listening to them talk about feeling all the stuff on the paint makes me think I need to do my 73 Bronco. My 10 yr old son was bored yesterday so he washed it. I ran my hand over the hood when he got done and it felt like a gravel drive way. The paint was done in like 97, so it's seen better days. When I get done with the other two, I might hit it also. Oh here he is shinning Blu up. Thanks for the help Pig Boy!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 97

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Fairly straightforward process once you have the first one under your belt.

Be sure to do the baggie test before and after, the results will be shocking, I can assure you! That's probably my favorite thing to show folks when we do shows. The look on their faces the first time they use clay bar and feel the surface after it's smooth is awesome!

Adam's Polishes Vol. 8 - Chapter 22 - Claying and Prep - YouTube

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Going to be doing this to my new '14 once the weather breaks (my garage isn't available, '67 cobra and sandrail is not coming out in this weather!) Prolly going to go with all Adams products as well.

I'm thinking the proper steps would be
1. Wash
2. Clay
3. Seal
4. Wax?

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Going to be doing this to my new '14 once the weather breaks (my garage isn't available, '67 cobra and sandrail is not coming out in this weather!) Prolly going to go with all Adams products as well.

I'm thinking the proper steps would be
1. Wash
2. Clay
3. Seal
4. Wax?

Bingo!

You can throw a coat of glaze in there between the sealant and wax if you want to give some extra gloss to your paint!

:head3: