Ceramic boost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bulldog17

Reaction score
Adam's guy. Saw the new ceramic boost 2.0...I can use this after washing my Raptor and it not having ceramic on it? I understand it should be clayed, paint sealed, paint polished for best results.
Just wanted to make sure I read it right.......thanks

Tyler_GTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also am wondering if it can be used in combo with H20 Guard and Gloss and how it differs.

I don’t have a ceramic coat but with white, I’m always looking at ways to create that wet look. And sometimes All the Adams stuff confuses me, haha...But it is great.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Adam's guy. Saw the new ceramic boost 2.0...I can use this after washing my Raptor and it not having ceramic on it? I understand it should be clayed, paint sealed, paint polished for best results.
Just wanted to make sure I read it right.......thanks

Yes, the Ceramic Boost can be used on trucks that are not coated.

I also am wondering if it can be used in combo with H20 Guard and Gloss and how it differs.

I don’t have a ceramic coat but with white, I’m always looking at ways to create that wet look. And sometimes All the Adams stuff confuses me, haha...But it is great.

The Ceramic Boost and H20 Guard & Gloss are similar in that they both provide protection and add gloss to the paint, but they use different chemicals to do so.

The HGG is a water-activated acrylic sealant, which is has to be applied with water. The CB is use silica dioxide (often just called silica) as the method of protection, and is applied to clean, dry paint.

While you can use them in combo without any negative effects, there is not really a benefit to layering the two products together.

If you already familiar with the HGG, I would suggest giving the Ceramic Boost a try, and then continue to use whichever one you find easier, and looks the best on your truck.

Bjoeaull

Reaction score
When I picked up my new white raptor I told the dealer to not touch it. So it was dirty when I received it. I plan to ceramic coat it in the near future. But for initial protection I strip washed it with a 3 bucket scenario, then dried it, and put new ceramic boost on it.
It works fantastic, the hydrophobic properties mimic that of just ceramic, its really quite impressive. Holds up well, and it goes on so quickly and easily its a no brainer!

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
When I picked up my new white raptor I told the dealer to not touch it. So it was dirty when I received it. I plan to ceramic coat it in the near future. But for initial protection I strip washed it with a 3 bucket scenario, then dried it, and put new ceramic boost on it.
It works fantastic, the hydrophobic properties mimic that of just ceramic, its really quite impressive. Holds up well, and it goes on so quickly and easily its a no brainer!

Very glad to hear the Ceramic Boost is working well on your truck!

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd use ceramic boost just for the way it smells! I use HGG and find it tricky to use. It's easy to put too much on, then it leaves a film that requires wiping off, at least if you spray directly on wet car. Ceramic Boost is like a detail spray. Spray on, wipe off, perfect!

I say this with a gallon of HG&G in my stash and only the ceramic boost that came in my kit. Needless to say, I'll be ordering more Ceramic Boost in the future.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'd use ceramic boost just for the way it smells! I use HGG and find it tricky to use. It's easy to put too much on, then it leaves a film that requires wiping off, at least if you spray directly on wet car. Ceramic Boost is like a detail spray. Spray on, wipe off, perfect!

I say this with a gallon of HG&G in my stash and only the ceramic boost that came in my kit. Needless to say, I'll be ordering more Ceramic Boost in the future.

Glad to hear the Ceramic Boost is working well for you. Take advantage of the New Year's Sale and save 20% off on a gallon refill.