Can this be fixed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

celtic2610

Reaction score
This is my first post but I've been lurking and learning for a bit. I'm looking to buy this 2011 screw but the only major thing wrong is it looks like someone tried to wax the vinyl wrap on the hood. Can it be fixed? If not is it easy to take off or replace? I'm going to try to make the dealership fix it but I'd like to know my options. Thanks guys

Attachments

• IMG_8706.jpg
    IMG_8706.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_8705.jpg
    IMG_8705.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 127

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I don't know if you can repair the damage done, someone else might be a better judge. But removing vinyl and replacing at a wrap place shouldn't be too pricey at all

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try some wipe new if that don't work, leave truck in hot sun for a while then use a hair dryer to peel off slow n steady

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Don't know if it can be salvaged, but the wrap/graphic can be removed and the factory paint can be restored. I however, would make the dealer remove and restore factory paint before I would buy. It won't be too much of a problem for the seller to make this happen, and the customer service "could" result in the sale of the truck....I'd use it as leverage

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It is tough to say whether the matte vinyl can be fixed without knowing what caused the damage.

If it is just wax residue, then the vinyl could possible be restored by cleaning it with Revive Hand Polish, or if more stubborn, then cleaned with Brilliant Glaze.

However, if the film has actually been damaged by something else, like using a harsh cleaner, then it will have to be replaced.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have the dealer remove the wrap. Unfortunately its not repairable. Cheaper to reinstall a new one like other suggested ^^^^^ from Rappygraphics. Figure to negotiate at least another $300-$400 off the truck if you decide to reinstall a different wrap.