bug stains on hood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badmotofinga

Reaction score
Any recommendations on removing stubborn bug stains from the black laminate on hood without dulling it other than soap&water?

flash_e

Reaction score
A clay bar should do it. There bug and tar removers out there but the clay bar will be safe to use. You will need to reapply the wax after using the bar.

D

Deleted member 12951

A clay bar should do it. There bug and tar removers out there but the clay bar will be safe to use. You will need to reapply the wax after using the bar.

Maybe the bugs I had but I tried clay bar first and couldn't get them off good enough.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If clay bar doesn't take care of them, you'll need a polish to take care of any left over bug remnants.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In all my years I've never found anything that beats good old fashion elbow grease for bug removal. The longer they are on the harder they are to get off, also a factor in the equation is the condition of the paint surface. The best method to remove bugs that I have found is to use lots of water, just let it run out of hose, and scrub with a terrycloth wash cloth.

D

Deleted member 12951

Removing the bugs from the paint is vastly different than trying to remove them from the factory hood black vinyl wrap, at least it was for me. I wouldn't want to put very much elbow grease on it, especially on the edges.

Kapolani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been using this method for years.

It works for paint scuff marks, rail rust, anything that is hard to get off.

Mother's Chrome wheel polish. I swear it works. Hardly even have to use any pressure.

My buddy used to be head mechanic at a MB dealership. The detail guys would use it to get stubborn stains off.