Bug removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Wet wet towel put in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, remove with tongs and lay on top of bugs for a minute or long enough to touch, repeat.

There is chemicals from a bottle but the towel would be the "safest".

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heated towels...really? He was asking about removing bugs, not how to shave his legs.

@RDFTS, I will let this one slide, but only because you break more stuff than anyone else.

If you want to get the bugs off like a man, order some Rinseless Wash concentrate from Adam's Polishes, mix up a dilution in a spray bottle at 1:8, like two ounces of Rinseless in a 16 oz spray bottle. I use distilled water so I don't have to worry about getting water spots from hard water. If your water is not hard, you can mix with tap water. Then, spray down the front of your Raptor and let is sit for 5-10 minutes, pressure wash off (or a strong hose stream if you don't have a pressure washer). The Rinseless Wash dilution helps soften the bugs so you don't have to scrub on them. You may have to follow with another spray/soak/blast if the bugs are baked on.

In between washes, I use this on the windshield with a towel, bugs come right off. You can follow with a glass cleaner to take care of any streaks.

Adam's All New Rinseless Wash!

D

Deleted member 12951

Wolf, try it sometimes, it works. And if you want to do your legs, go for it.

And was does breaking stuff have to do with bugs? Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wolf, try it sometimes, it works. And if you want to do your legs, go for it.

And was does breaking stuff have to do with bugs? Lol
Just trying to mess with you. LOL! It was just the mental picture of you out running that truck hard until it breaks and then coming back and giving it a facial, with your hot towels and tongs. Post some pics the next time Mary Kay is over helping you clean the bugs off.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The towel method works for small areas, and you don't have to heat it in the microwave. Hot tap water works just fine. It's how I clean the bugs off the visor of my motorcycle helmet.

If you really have a monumental encrustation of insect parts like I get when I drive the 2,000 miles from Alabama to Nevada, the towel method doesn't cut it. You've got bug parts in the grill, on the mirrors, on bumper, etc. Here's what I do. I turn the sprinkler on the truck for 20 minutes. It softens everything up and there's little or no scrubbing required.

truckarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been using the Detailer's Road Kill Bug Remover.Use microfiber towel to wipe off the bugs.