Bug Guts on Vinyl Wraps (Clear & Color)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SHOOTER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been trying to read the forums for the best way to clean off bug guts from the front end when you have a hood wrap. (Raptor has black wrap, wife's Expedition has clear bra) Looks like soaking with a wet towel or using a quick detailer in a concentrated form spraying right on the bugs are the best bets. I'm a ONR user and love the stuff.

I see on @Adam's website that their All Purpose Cleaner says its safe for bugs, has anyone tried that on wraps?

Or should we stick with the quick detailer from Adam's or ONR?

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Jimbo

For bugs on vinyl, use Adam's Waterless Wash as a pre-soak. Spray it, let it sit, and then hose it off. If they are still there, spray with Waterless Wash again then use a wash pad to lightly wipe the area.

Once you have the areas clean and dry, apply Adam's Quick Sealant to protect the vinyl and keep the bugs from sticking so bad. Follow the instructions on the Quick Sealant, use a foam applicator to level it out.

Last edited:

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Been trying to read the forums for the best way to clean off bug guts from the front end when you have a hood wrap. (Raptor has black wrap, wife's Expedition has clear bra) Looks like soaking with a wet towel or using a quick detailer in a concentrated form spraying right on the bugs are the best bets. I'm a ONR user and love the stuff.

I see on @Adam's website that their All Purpose Cleaner says its safe for bugs, has anyone tried that on wraps?

Or should we stick with the quick detailer from Adam's or ONR?

I would use Waterless Wash or Detail Spray instead of APC.
I usually spray down all the bugs with WW and let them soak for awhile before trying wipe the bugs off, if they don't come off at first spray again and try not to grind in the bug guts into your paint because they will scratch.
Don't hesitate to ask questions!
Adam's Waterless Wash & Towel | Waterless Car Wash
Adam's Detail Spray 16oz | Adam's Polishes Quick Detailer | The Best Detail Spray

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would use Waterless Wash or Detail Spray instead of APC.
I usually spray down all the bugs with WW and let them soak for awhile before trying wipe the bugs off, if they don't come off at first spray again and try not to grind in the bug guts into your paint because they will scratch.
Don't hesitate to ask questions!
Adam's Waterless Wash & Towel | Waterless Car Wash
Adam's Detail Spray 16oz | Adam's Polishes Quick Detailer | The Best Detail Spray

Dylan, what happened to your sig pic? You working on a new one with just the Raptor?

Spencer4336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my vehicle wrap guy said the best way to get any stains out (grease,oil….etc) is to gently wipe isopropyl alcohol on the vinyl.