Black wax?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a tux black truck, has anybody tried black wax stuff for black cars? I have a few chips that get white when I use regular wax.

debordj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try Duragloss 105 and 601 in 4 to 1 mix. Doesn't stain trim white so I can't imagine it would show up white. Plus it is bullet proof tough.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you're talking about the kits at an auto store I'd stay away from them. They have a great look at first but it doesn't last and it's not the greatest quality. A high grade wax will present much better results in the long run.

Jobsitefish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like the post above get a wax from Adam polishes or Meguiars.

That' s truly the best I have tried throughout the years.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 4

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't use black wax on a truck, it's gonna hide the metallic in the paintbecause your essential putting a layer of dye on top of your paint. It'll look black, but it won't look like tuxedo black.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't use black wax on a truck, it's gonna hide the metallic in the paintbecause your essential putting a layer of dye on top of your paint. It'll look black, but it won't look like tuxedo black.

Really? Didn't do that to my Tux Black truck.

It's not paint but it does help - no more dried white wax showing.