Black Hood decal and side decal cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kyleblix

Reaction score
Meguiars website says their Ultimate Quick Detailer is safe and works great on matte vinyl decals/wraps. I have yet to try it though.

TexasBlues

Reaction score
@AdamsPolishes

i just placed and order yesterday (i think) for a couple bennies worth of gear/chemicals, but forgot the quick sealant for the matte decals i have and the trim between the doors, hood louvers etc...

can you please tell me what to use since i cant find the quick sealant?

thanks!!

TB

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@AdamsPolishes

i just placed and order yesterday (i think) for a couple bennies worth of gear/chemicals, but forgot the quick sealant for the matte decals i have and the trim between the doors, hood louvers etc...

can you please tell me what to use since i cant find the quick sealant?

thanks!!

TB

Thanks for your business!

The Quick Sealant was discontinued last fall, since it did not meet VOC regulations that went into effect for 2016.

You can use H2O Guard & Gloss on the matte vinyl. Here is a link to a write-up for matte vinyl:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f36/first-detail-adamized-raptor-33281/index61.html#post1000551

If the trim is in decent shape, that you can also use H2O Guard & Gloss on it, as it will provide protection and make it look a little more uniform.

If the trim is in bad shape, blotchy and faded out, then clean it really good with Tire & Rubber Cleaner, then dress it with VRT.

If you haven't found this thread already, check it out:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f209/adams-polishes-detailing-guide-45736/#post940136

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Dan

TexasBlues

Reaction score
@AdamsPolishes

do you guys carry a FULL set of everything you need for the PORTER-CABLE 7424XP... meaning all the necessary pads, plates, goodies etc to get a person started with some serious detailing?

mine is a 13 (as noted before), SCREW, Tux Black, black/silver interior and it needs some help... its in good shape paint-wise, but i want it to look like 3' deep... i see one of your competitors offers a set, but i like to shop at ONE place whenever possible... i believe in spreading the wealth/business... but i believe in brand/vendor loyalty more

anything you have to offer?

thanks!

EDIT: i see that you DO offer one... check your PM box

TB

Last edited:

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@AdamsPolishes

do you guys carry a FULL set of everything you need for the PORTER-CABLE 7424XP... meaning all the necessary pads, plates, goodies etc to get a person started with some serious detailing?

mine is a 13 (as noted before), SCREW, Tux Black, black/silver interior and it needs some help... its in good shape paint-wise, but i want it to look like 3' deep... i see one of your competitors offers a set, but i like to shop at ONE place whenever possible... i believe in spreading the wealth/business... but i believe in brand/vendor loyalty more

anything you have to offer?

thanks!

TB

The full kit also includes the PC polisher, so you would need a couple smaller kits/items to get set up with the machine you already have:

Adam's 6" Gen6 Pad Bundle

Paint Correcting & Paint Finishing Polish Combo (8oz)

Adam's Detail Spray & Visco Clay Bar Combo

Add some plush towels for removing the polish. Towel selection is often personal preference, but I would recommend the Adam's NEW Double Soft Microfiber Towel. Also check out the 3 Pack of Fluffy Microfiber Towels and the Microfiber Bundle.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Dan

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@AdamsPolishes

I used the Adams H2O not that long ago on my hood vinyl and was floored at the amount of contamination it pulled off even after I washed the truck. It restored the matte finish and made it even across the hood.

Now, does that work as a protectant during the winter as well?

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@AdamsPolishes

I used the Adams H2O not that long ago on my hood vinyl and was floored at the amount of contamination it pulled off even after I washed the truck. It restored the matte finish and made it even across the hood.

Now, does that work as a protectant during the winter as well?

Glad to hear the appearance of your vinyl was improved!

Yes, the H20 Guard & Gloss is a synthetic sealant, so it provides protection for the vinyl.

It is not really a cleaner, so even though you saw some contamination get removed from the vinyl, there is likely still some contamination left in the vinyl. Next time, I recommend that you clean the vinyl first with Revive Hand Polish, then apply the HGG for appearance and protection.