Between Major Cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I use between major cleanings:

Attachments

• P8221493.jpg
    P8221493.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 215

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Do u buy locally or online? Which site or store? I usually use detailers to wipe down every couple days but that stuff looks more "top shelf"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk and a budweiser can

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
That's. Crazy!!!! I detailed my truck maybe 3 times during the time I owned it. Too much work lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

debordj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don't sell Adams or zymol but check out the forum on autogeek.net. They have some great threads on products and some incredible how to videos. I have been learning a few new techniques over there lately.

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! Do u buy locally or online? Which site or store? I usually use detailers to wipe down every couple days but that stuff looks more "top shelf"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk and a budweiser can

Everything but the Adams products is available at Autozone. The Zymol runs about $10 bucks for the glaze and the detailer. The glass cleaner is about the same. I like it better than Rainx. The undrcarriage spray is great and does not contain harsh chemicals.

It takes about 20 minutes to use all five products.

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

That's. Crazy!!!! I detailed my truck maybe 3 times during the time I owned it. Too much work lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OCD for me. Plus it is about all the exercise I get

ernie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I use between major cleanings:

"Spray glaze" looks interesting. Ever try a "waterless" car wash? Thread on waterless washes a while back. There's a few, I currently use Optimum No Rinse (ONR).....works like a charm but, as you mentioned with the stuff you use, it's for "in between" washes and for maintenance only. I was scared shetless the first time I tried it.....scratches, etc......but used properly, had no problems. Poorboy's Spray and Wash is another, but I use that mainly as a Quick Detailer (great at getting the but stuff off!)...on my motorcycles too so I don't actually have to wash them:biggrin: AFAIK, you can only get them online.

'Course, I wish I could say I'm diligent about in-between Raptor washes (washes happen 2-3 times a year).....'cause I haven't been........Raptors look good unwashed:hail:

FWIW

Attachments

• onr.jpg
    onr.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually have some in the garage, but have never used it. Washing with water is a great way to get all the shit off your car, but man is it a bitch to dry. I use an electric leaf blower to get most of the water off before I towel dry then use the detailer with a microfiber towel to finish the job.

When it cools off I am going to try the waterless wash.

I try to do mine once a week and that is with it in the garage. It is amazing how shit gets kicked up. Sometimes I almost wish I wasn't so OCD with the Truck, but it is still new.

ernie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually have some in the garage, but have never used it. Washing with water is a great way to get all the shit off your car, but man is it a bitch to dry. I use an electric leaf blower to get most of the water off before I towel dry then use the detailer .....

I hear ya. I use something called a Black Baron (kind of like the Metro Blasters), but leaf blowers work well too. Sure makes washing the truck less of a "task". Don't worry, the OCD thing wears off after a while :)