Before and Raptor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
hh65flyer

hh65flyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just looked up those used Raptors, high mileage for a 2013 and 2014. I have not seen them on the lot when I drive by every day, just the 2010 black SCAB they have had for awhile.

The old foaming nozzles are not carried anymore because a lot of people complained that they used way too much product with each trigger pull.

-Dan

The red one is the one that is supposedly SC...

Funny on the bottles. That's called 'irony'. LOL

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The red one is the one that is supposedly SC...

Funny on the bottles. That's called 'irony'. LOL

Yes, definitely not the trigger for you!

The first time I used the foaming tip on the Kwazar Venus pressure sprayer I went through half a liter of All Purpose Cleaner on just four tires! Way too much product.

-Dan

SirCrush32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I'm in the mood to clay bar I will use one but I've gotten spoiled with the nano-skin and it works great. A little bit of Adam's detail spray and I can cut my time down 3/4.

I'm not sure if anyone else has used one before and here is the link.

Amazon.com: Nanoskin (AS-003) AutoScrub 6" Medium Grade Foam Pad for DA Polisher: Automotive

For my door jams, engine bay, and nook and crannies I have a small portable steamer I use. I even use it for my wheels. The pressure isn't too taxing either. I'll have to find some pics for you guys.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I'm in the mood to clay bar I will use one but I've gotten spoiled with the nano-skin and it works great. A little bit of Adam's detail spray and I can cut my time down 3/4.

I'm not sure if anyone else has used one before and here is the link.

Amazon.com: Nanoskin (AS-003) AutoScrub 6" Medium Grade Foam Pad for DA Polisher: Automotive

For my door jams, engine bay, and nook and crannies I have a small portable steamer I use. I even use it for my wheels. The pressure isn't too taxing either. I'll have to find some pics for you guys.

Do you use the Nano Skin on a DA Sander or just by hand?

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So if you have a pice of sand that gets on it will it go into the spong like it would the clay or dose it scratch?

SirCrush32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you use the Nano Skin on a DA Sander or just by hand?

I use my PC for it. On a low setting. I've used my hands also and works great, but PC or DA FTW.

So if you have a pice of sand that gets on it will it go into the spong like it would the clay or dose it scratch?

Wilson great question. I can't speak to sand because now of my vehicles have seen sand. I can speak to dirt it just absorbs it. Normally if have a real messy job. I may use my foam gun twice or let it set a little long to allow dirt to break down and spend a little more time going over that area a bit with the pressure washer.

Now, if the truck is filthy like it was recently, I just used the good ole clay bar. Again, that's a great question. I don't think the nanoskin is the end to clay barring, but I think its great tool to have in your detailing kit.

Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. So time is the nano skin a lot faster and how long dose one last.

Last edited:

SirCrush32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. So time is the nano skin a lot faster and how long dose one last.

Anytime, I'm just glad I found an area I can talk about and sound somewhat smart.

Well, when I use to have my show car. I didn't always have to clay the car, because an old timer (my father) taught me how to properly wash a car at a young age. So by layering the products I used and properly washing my vehicle I didn't always have to remove everything. Any who, I have both the medium and fine grade. I normally use nanoskin twice a year on my own vehicles. Once after winter is over and right before it begins. In between I do regular maintenance. One of the biggest benefits is if you drop it, you rinse it off and your good to go. With the clay bar you drop it you have to grab a new piece, and you're praying you have enough. Plus I have big hands so I always used more clay than I should, but that was to keep a grip of it. I've had the same two nanoskin pads for 2 1/2 years and they are now taking there toll. I do help other friends detail there vehicles when I do have the cycles. So in theory I've used the nanopads about a dozen times in year.

Sorry for the long answer.