B O smell in my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

may28th

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so im am an ocd freak when it comes to keeping my truck clean. The exterior has it days but the interior stays spotless. Well about 7 months ago my truck was parked in the sun and when i got in it smelt like super strong body odor. At first thought i left my gym bag in there but i didnt so i immediately looked up and down all through the truck searching for the source. So for the last 7 months i have done the following and am stuck and need help getting rid of this smell...

I have : Cleaned and cleaned, shampooed carpets, removed seats, removed headliner (looking for water leaking around sunroof). Used all kinds of different cleaning products.

The smell only comes when the truck gets warm inside, does not get stronger with air on wether its heat or a/c. If i leave the truck in the garage then it will not get the smell but the moment its in sunlight its almost instant.

OP
OP
M

may28th

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want to mask it, it's gotta be coming from something

Surf City Garage

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Go to car detailer and get ozone treatment done on the car

This will work, assuming you find and remove the source of the odor to begin with. If not, the ozone treatment won't help either.

Have you noticed any damp spots in the floorboards, especially around the edges, corners, or front of the cab?

I've run into a similar smell / issue where water was working its way into the underlayment/padding from an exposed bolt hole in the floor. Its also happened with a leaky AC system allowing condensation to run under the carpets.

OP
OP
M

may28th

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have literally ran my nose across everything and can't find it

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
May28th,
Many of the fishing boats here us an odor eliminating gel in a jar called Kanberra Gel. You leave the unlidded jar under a seat and it eliminates the odors. Of course eliminating the source would help.
Have you removed the plastic valence under the wipers? I scavenged parts out of junkyards as a teen...cheaper than new! Many of the junk cars would have leaves, pine needles, Maple seeds, small acorns, etc collecting in the vent inlet under the shroud under the wipers....
Eddie

JayneCobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the two pressure relief valve panels I'm the rear of the cab. One could be stuck open letting moisture in at night. You'll have to remove the rear seat. Or you might be able to check if you crawl under the truck and look on the passenger and driver sides between the bed and cab.