autobutler.com news and reviews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptorking

Reaction score
Hello guys, I just bought my new raptor at a dealership and they were offering this service. I'm curious as to anyone who has heard of or have tried this.
It seems like a good deal but on the pricy side for 2,000. Its guaranteed for 5 years and is reapplied at the dealership every 6 months. No hand waxing needed with this. It includes an interior and exterior protectant.

Auto Butler - Customer For Life Program

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 12951

I wouldn't trust any paint protectant that is applied with a car wash drive through application, especially for that kind of money. You might want to look into XPEL that is self healing or 3M clear bra if you don't have time to keep it waxed with a sealant.

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say that looks to be way overpriced, and the "Automated Car Polisher" is a gimmick.

If you want to go with a coating, use one of the established coating products (CQuartz, Opticoat), applied by a trained detailer.

Keep in mind that a coating will still get scratches, and will need to be polished off and reapplied depending on use/abuse, and washing technique.

If you are looking for protection offroad, a clear wrap like @RDFTS suggested is a good option.

Attachments

• Swirl-O-Matic.jpg
    Swirl-O-Matic.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 134
OP
OP
R

raptorking

Reaction score
autobutler

Yep, I looked into cquartz and the nearest certified installer/applicator is 300 miles away. However, they have many other options aside from cquartz at that same shop..... like a matte a black wrap which looks awesome!!!.

I'm still getting these offers for autobutler from my dealership. I am eager to find someone who has tried or wanting to try this and see what the results are. any takers????

on a side note, what is the best do it yourself wax/protectant/shine for tuxedo black ratpor??
THanks

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...on a side note, what is the best do it yourself wax/protectant/shine for tuxedo black ratpor??
THanks

When I got my new Tux Black Raptor, I tossed all the auto parts store products that never really worked very well, and went with all Adam's Polishes products.

The Adam's lineup is really simple, not a ton of different products that do the same thing like some brands. They keep it simple by having one good product for each specific task. I have used just about every product and they all work great.

For a black daily driver, polish out any swirl marks or scratches, then use Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant as your base coat of protection. If you want more shine than the sealant gives, you can add a coat of wax on top. My current program is Liquid Paint Sealant applied twice a year, then I use H2O Guard & Gloss every couple months to add more shine. I also use Quick Sealant on the running boards to keep them from fading.

Here's some light reading, if you are interested:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f36/first-detail-adamized-raptor-33281/

There is a Labor Day Sale running this weekend. If you don't already have proper wash equipment, the new Adam's Daily Driver Detailing Kit is a great way to get started.

daily_driver_detail.png