Anyone ever tried "opti-seal" ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever used it? What is your opinion of it? Looking for something long lasting as I just do not have the BIRD time to keep my truck detailed..

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well first thing is that whenever you rinse your vehicle off you always use the hose with nothing on the end to restrict flow the large amount of water helps pull most of the water off.... If you use a spray nozzle is leaves small drops that stay on the vehicle... As or the product i have never used it...
I had been watching their videos and it looks interesting... I might have to try some... Always looking for new stuff...

Last edited:

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes.

I've used nearly all Optimum's line. They make great products.

OptiSeal is not to be confused with the new permanent OptiCoat.

OptiSeal was all the rage a couple years back, because it was one of the first easy to use, wipe on/walk away sealants. It has good slickness and faintly darkens the paint. It's very "wet" looking, without being plastic looking or sterile like some other sealants (zaino) can be.

Zaino does have a competitive product, ClearSeal (ZCS). ZCS is comparable in all ways, but looks a little better on lighter colors. It doesn't quite have the slickness of OS, but seemed to last just a touch longer. In reality, they're virtually identical to most people.

If you want to wash/clay/polish your truck once and then apply OS; you should get a solid 3-4 months out of it before it shows any signs of deterioration. Especially if you're willing to dry your truck while using Opt. Spray Wax, OptiClean, or Instant Detailer (pick any 1 of the 3, OptiClean is the most versatile).

If you're really serious, wash/clay/polish to absolute perfection, then apply the new OptiCoat. It's a bit of a daunting task for a large truck but well worth the effort. I did it when my truck was new and it's holding up super well (as it should). There's been a lot of development time and the product really isn't new, just newly released to the public. It works and isn't crazy hard to apply if you have patience. Mostly, it works as advertised. CQuartz has a comparable product that is supposed to be a little easier to apply, but I haven't used it. OC isn't "hard" to apply though.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
my AutoGlym HD wax does the same, actually a better job at flushing sheets of water off the paint. even when it rains my hood stays dry while i'm driving because the water just slides off. when i do the hose trick it's completely dry afterwards.

MORaptorMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't used it, but I only wash all my vehicles with Optimum No Rinse. I also use ONR as a quick detailer as well. I have used a similar apply and walk away sealant called Ultima Paint Guard Plus a bunch of times with good results. I love being able to apply a thin coat and walk away. It doesn't get any better than that.

Last edited: