Any tips on how to protect from beach corrosion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gilligan

Reaction score
My apologies as I'm sure this has been covered but I couldn't find anything.

I'll he heading to the OBX in a few months and I'm staying at a house for a week that is about 8miles into the 4x4 area so I'll be putting on a fair amount of beach miles.

Other than washing my undercarriage, shocks, brakes ect ect daily does anyone have any tips? Are there any sprays or coatings that would be worth doing?

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
:favorites13:Gilligan,
I live in Montauk, NY...3 blocks off of the ocean, and have driven on the beaches for 42 years. You are correct, it's the salt that is the problem. I've seen Land Rovers with galvanized frames succumb to the red death....
As Metalman in the Adirondacks says, "Rust NEVER sleeps".
Starting with my '89 Pathfinder, I have had every vehicle I have owned treated to the ZIEBART rustproofing/undercoating treatments. My brother's 95 Dodge 2500 V10 Club cab was treated 19 years ago and the truck still has no rust through...though his brake lines rusted...from the inside!
In 25 years of dealing with Ziebart, and 15+ vehicles..2 Audi's, four Dodge trucks, a '96 Ford Bronco, the Pathfinder, a Fiat Spider, etc., and now my Raptor, all have been treated.
In addition, only one or two of my vehicles ever had a follow up inspection/treatment.
There were a bunch of startup competitors..."Rusty Jones" et al; but only Ziebart has survived.
Be smart, be proactive; and DO something!
Eddie

Ziebart - Home

OP
OP
G

Gilligan

Reaction score
:favorites13:Gilligan,
I live in Montauk, NY...3 blocks off of the ocean, and have driven on the beaches for 42 years. You are correct, it's the salt that is the problem. I've seen Land Rovers with galvanized frames succumb to the red death....
As Metalman in the Adirondacks says, "Rust NEVER sleeps".
Starting with my '89 Pathfinder, I have had every vehicle I have owned treated to the ZIEBART rustproofing/undercoating treatments. My brother's 95 Dodge 2500 V10 Club cab was treated 19 years ago and the truck still has no rust through...though his brake lines rusted...from the inside!
In 25 years of dealing with Ziebart, and 15+ vehicles..2 Audi's, four Dodge trucks, a '96 Ford Bronco, the Pathfinder, a Fiat Spider, etc., and now my Raptor, all have been treated.
In addition, only one or two of my vehicles ever had a follow up inspection/treatment.
There were a bunch of startup competitors..."Rusty Jones" et al; but only Ziebart has survived.
Be smart, be proactive; and DO something!
Eddie

Ziebart - Home

Do you remember about how much it was for them to do your raptor?

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gilligan,
I think it was around $300 or so...Go to their website and link to the most local dealer and give them a call...
Eddie

PGHTerrain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gilligan, also worth looking into is the local ford dealers get discounted rates. If you have a contact there make the arrangements for you I believe it will save you some $$.

OP
OP
G

Gilligan

Reaction score
Gilligan, also worth looking into is the local ford dealers get discounted rates. If you have a contact there make the arrangements for you I believe it will save you some $$.

Ahhh nice, I'll have to look into that one this week.