Advice on gas pressure washer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes I did a search but not much information. I am looking into purchasing a gas pressure washer for the driveway and my truck and other car. I have done some research and it is kind of scary seeing some of the comments. Pumps failing after a few months, parts missing and terrible customer service. Would most likely go to Lowes or Home Depot. My budget is no more than 399 if at all possible. Any brands you folks like? Any experience with how they hold up? Thanks

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm done fooling with gas. Picked up the Ryobi 1800psi electric at HD a while ago and love it. Pump only runs when you pull the trigger so its not droning away constantly. Plenty of power for around the house. Easily cleans concrete.

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use pressure washers in my business. I own 25 of them, and pressure washing is a huge part of our business.
If it was me, I would get an electric for around the house. I would also buy whatever extended warranty they offer at the big box stores. If you are in the position of looking at the pump, you want it to look box shaped.

jwf1999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have owned a few electric pressure washers over the years and couple gas. the karcher electrics seem ok but doing a driveway with them takes a while.. bought a kobalt from lowes was a POS. troy built gas was ok but ended up leaving it behind at my last base. Now have a generac 2700PSI and love it. you can get them on amazon for under $300 and they are prime elligible so free 2day shipping.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I know is make sure you get a cat triplex pump pump. I had 2 previous to the one I have now and both pumps wore out. This Northstar B&S engine with cat triplex pump has been awesome!!

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

richwoodrocket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ryobi 3100 PSI 2.5GPM pressure washer. I've had mine for two years now and it's worked great. Don't get too close to the paint or you'll just blow a chunk right off. It idles the engine down when you let go of the trigger saving fuel and wear and tear. Honda engine starts every time first pull. $399 at Home Depot.
http://youtu.be/P30C9x5Y3Do
eryde2yv.jpg
ybuvy5as.jpg

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great thanks folks. The reason I am not interested in an electric model is well.......I got this thing about electricity and water in the same location. I have looked at a Generac at Lowes that had an AR pump. (Supposed to be made in USA) and it was pretty impressive.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought a Lowes house brand with a Honda motor 3 years ago and it still works great! Be sure to get a MTM foam cannon once u buy a pressure washer. Makes cleaning the truck so much easier and more fun!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk