Adams machine super sealant by hand

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T-Rex

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Can I apply this product by hand? And if so, what kind of applicator should I use. Any other tips will be helpful too! Also, I have a four inch light scratch on my front fender. Can I get away with polishing that one spot or do I need to polish the whole truck? Thanks.

SVT Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant do it by hand. This product needs the machine or its too thick and you cant get it off.

-from my tab 3

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also a sealant isn't the best choice to take out paint imperfections. U want a polish then u seal then u can use a glaze because it has filling properties to help hide scratches then u can wax over that. Then u have a face melting rig!

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
tell me more^ I have an irrigation that has a leak maybe to much presser?

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

whoops wrong thread lol

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If the scratch can be felt by running your fingernail over it, it's too deep to come out with just a polish and a dual action buffer. You can make it look a lot better and almost disappear, but it will still be there if you look for it. Polishes/Compounds are primarily used to get hazing, marring, hologramming, and swirls out of paint.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
To answer both of your questions:

Yes, MSS can be applied by hand but it's very difficult to get a thin, even application. It's best applied with a machine since it's much easier for a machine to apply that thin, even coat. If you have heavy spots (which are inevitable when doing it by hand) they can be tough level out after it hazes and you begin to remove the residue.

Quick Sealant is a better option if you want to apply a sealant and don't have access/own a machine. That's the very reason we formulated it, for those who want to seal their paint but don't have a machine.

Regarding the scratch, you can most definitely polish only that area. Our 4" focus pads come in to play perfectly here, especially when used on a cordless drill. They will make quick work of scratches, provided the scratch isn't through the clear coat. If you can catch it with your fingernal, then it needs something a little more serious to fix it.

OP
OP
T-Rex

T-Rex

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Thank You Nick,

This answers my question perfectly. I've been on your website researching products and watching videos. My shopping cart has filled up quick and I was hoping I wouldn't have to purchase a machine yet but hope to in the future. I'm going to buy the quick sealant for now.

I live in Redding, CA and was wondering if you have a distributor here. I'm also looking for a shop that uses your products. It is easier for me to drop my truck off a couple times a year to get detailed since I have 2 young kids and it takes a long time to wash, seal, polish, glaze and wax a truck. Thanks again!