Photoshop Help: wrap tailgate or not???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LekRap

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, thanks for that @2014RubyRed...like I need any more motivation to want to Boatecs! One day...for now, might have to wait. I'll let the dust settle but that's definitely on my short list!

Thanks @RDFTS, I do think it looks good as is now too and don't want to go too overboard with the wrap. I agree with what your saying if I do wrap it. I think I'll wait on anything and let the dust settle. I am still liking the look now. I think mentally, my mind is still telling me something is missing without the bulky rear bumper and I want to do something. Once I get used to it, I think I wouldn't want to overdue the wrap. Less is more in my book

Last edited:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hahaha, thanks for that @2014RubyRed...like I need any more motivation to want to Boatecs! One day...for now, might have to wait on that unless I want a divorce. I'll let the dust settle but that's definitely on my short list!

Thanks @RDFTS, I do think it looks good as is now too and don't want to go too overboard with the wrap. I agree with what your saying if I do wrap it. I think I'll wait on anything and let the dust settle. I am still liking the look now. I think mentally, my mind is still telling me something is missing without the bulky rear bumper and I want to do something. Once I get used to it, I think I wouldn't want to overdue the wrap. Less is more in my book

One thing you could do that would be on the cheap - get a can or two of the matte black plati dip. You can get it at Lowe's, etc. It takes a few minutes of prep, but at least the better half won't be in your ass about it......

OP
OP
LekRap

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing you could do that would be on the cheap - get a can or two of the matte black plati dip. You can get it at Lowe's, etc. It takes a few minutes of prep, but at least the better half won't be in your ass about it......

Yeah, good thinkin. I do actually have a few extra cans of plasti-dip in my garage right now. Only thing is that I tend to suck at spray painting/plasti-dipping. Tried to do my stock Beadlock beauty rings and it looked like a damn kindergartner did it.

I might think about doing that though, could always just give me a visual of it if nothing else and can just peal it right off after. Good idea!

BTW Ruby, didn't you say you got your Boatecs from Raptor Addict? I believe he is in SoCal, right? Once my wife gets off my ass I'd like to talk to him about maybe him personally fitting and finishing the dream fenders

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, good thinkin. I do actually have a few extra cans of plasti-dip in my garage right now. Only thing is that I tend to suck at spray painting/plasti-dipping. Tried to do my stock Beadlock beauty rings and it looked like a damn kindergartner did it.

I might think about doing that though, could always just give me a visual of it if nothing else and can just peal it right off after. Good idea!

BTW Ruby, didn't you say you got your Boatecs from Raptor Addict? I believe he is in SoCal, right? Once my wife gets off my ass I'd like to talk to him about maybe him personally fitting and finishing the dream fenders

Yup. But I don't know if he does installs.......

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One tip on using plasti dip - once you have everything cleaned up good and taped off, make a lot of light coats. First coat is the 'tack' coat. Just spray it to about 30% coverage. Then progressively spray it on until after about 4-5 coats, it's fully covered. The more coats you put on, the easier it is to remove as well. It takes a little practice, but if you have the tailgate on some sawhorses, it should be pretty easy.

Just remember, many light coats = one good looking finish with this stuff.

Then, if I was you, I'd complete it with several light coats of clear. If you only put a few coats on, it won't get real glossy, but will make it way easier to keep clean. Kinda adds a satin finish to it that looks real good.

Good luck!!!

maguro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Send me a text (718)-702-3382 I have my tailgate rapped flat black and my truck in black

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@LekRap Did you end up doing anything to your tailgate? You mentioned being concerned about the look with your flares, but what I did is a little different than GeoTactical. Not sure if you thought of this option. dd56a48765dc8ae6f83cd9a16e1e0759.jpg18889580a907458c4881d9c0bfe65b91.jpg

OP
OP
LekRap

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Mluis11 Thanks man for the pics. Your truck looks killer and it's a cool and unique look, very clean. I ended up just taking a breather and letting the new look set in. No tailgate wrap as of now, just the hood for me. I am pretty happy with the look right now...but like any real addict, the next fix is right around the corner! Haha.

Side note...I went somewhere yesterday where I had to have the truck valet'd. When they pulled it up I was like damn, looks good. Something about seeing your own truck driving gives a different perspective. At the moment I am pretty happy with it in the looks department. My new addiction is researching LT suspension setups for when I win the lottery. Thanks again for the pics!

Last edited: